In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bullying

grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
edited July 2014 in General Discussion

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    this stuff breaks my heart

kids that bully on a continuous basis should be expelled

3 strikes your * is out[:(!]

seems schools ignore for most part[:(!]

if i had a kid that was a bully....wouldnt happen but once

parents need to be told if they have a punk * kid that does it

rant over

http://myfox8.com/2017/12/11/why-do-they-bully-whats-the-point-of-it-boy-breaks-down-in-tears-after-being-bullied/
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Maybe I'm getting old but I don't understand teens killing themselves because of something that someone wrote about them. Bullying has been around forever. Usually ended when you meet at the bicycle rack after school and punched it out. Only thing I can think of is that society has taken away the parent and teachers method for straightening the bully with the threat of putting you in jail for abuse.
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ...its already happened...that's why I have been for Selective Service....[;)]
  • Options
    legearlegear Member Posts: 6,716
    edited November -1
    More like a society of wusses.

We had generation X, generation Y, this should be generation * willow.
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Society needs bullies. Only pussies say it doesn't.
  • Options
    Blade SlingerBlade Slinger Member Posts: 5,891
    edited November -1
    Bullies and IQs of forty are common place.
  • Options
    dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I dont understand how someone can be bullied. I was bullied one time because i was scared to get suspended. I went home and told my Mom and she told me dont start it and i had her permission to defend myself.

All my Dad told me was that i had permission to defend myself and that he better not hear of me starting anything. He also told me if i came home crying that i would get a whipping.

I was never afraid of any bully just getting suspended.
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When a bully says he can kick your * he's more than likely right, but after he finds out it just ain't worth the trouble he will most likely back off. Word gets around. [;)]
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    WulfmannWulfmann Member Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cute picture of a Puffin. I did a story once on the Shetland Islands one of the northern places Puffins live and they are the cutest birds.

they are, however, not the birds that got bullied.
    The bullies were the Skuas and the victims were the gannets a type of boobie with about a 6 foot wing span.
    What was funny about that was there were a thousand gannets for ever Skua. The skuas were lousy fishers while the gannets were excellent fish catchers. When they returned to the nest to feed the young the Skuas would jump them usually 2 or 3 against one and if they did not drop the fish they would drive them down into the water and drown them (rarely did they hold on and gave up their catch easily). The gannets relied on most getting past the bullies (Skuas) but if the were not bird brains they would unit and beat the skuas by shear numbers.
    Did see one gannet that refused and was driven into the water before he finally gave up his catch, most drop it as soon as attacked.

There are bullies in the bird world and I am surprised the liberals do not demand Skuas be reeducated to become seed eaters and give up their life of being pirates (They are actually classified as piratical birds)

One or two here might actually find that rant interesting

Wulfmann
    Virtually every bird in the pic is a gannet. Its mating season at Muggle Flugga the very most northern point of Britain
    shet1_zpsce903c3d.jpg
    3YUCmbB.jpg
    "Fools learn from their own mistakes. I learn from the mistakes of others"
    Otto von Bismarck
  • Options
    footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    l dont get bullied, thats why l C A R R Y [;)]
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Teaching kids how to fight and when to fight was a part of the America that I knew. I don't know the b a s t a g e s that run this country today. Fighting (boxing) was a part of my elementary school physical education classes, so if you were a boy you boxed. Parents taught their children the same thing. It was ingrained in the American way of life. Fathers stood back and watched their sons fist fight other kids, be they their brother's sons or not, in order to let the kids settle their differences. Bullying , of course, is an entirely different matter, and the bullies should get the same type of punishment in a life changing event, or put away should that not work.
    What's next?