In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sleepless night in the Longhorn State

dongilldongill Member Posts: 2,640
edited December 2008 in General Discussion
Insomnia will be common, tonight, in Tejas! BCS has selected Oklahoma over UT to play in the Big 12 Championship game. Lots of anger and bitterness there! UT beat OU, TT beat UT, OU creamed TT.....on and on it goes! I spent four years at UT. Meanwhile ...... Boomer Sooner!

Comments

• Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep, I don't like it, but it is what it is. Interesting that the BCS had Texas ahead of Oklahoma last week and I really didn't see anything this weekend that should have changed it. Oh well! [:(]

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    chaosrobchaosrob Member Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I never really understood how they come to their decisions
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Coaches poll 1/3, Harris poll 1/3, Computers 1/3
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go Missouri! [:D][:p]
    What's next?
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You bet next year the Big 12 has a new rule regarding championship game selection. The SEC has a similar rule as the big 12 for selection to the championship game, however the SEC rule also states, this isn't word for word, if two teams that are tied played each other and the winning team from that game is no more then 5 spots behind the other team in the BCS poll, that team that won the game will go to the SEC championship game, not the team that lost. This simple rule would have saved the BCS a lot of embarrassment.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The Texas Longhorns knew the rule before the season began but are complaining loudly now[:(!]. Does UT want 10 points for a touchdown? Every sport has rules! Is Tejas above the rules?[:p]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey, Texas is in good shape. Who says that Alabama or Florida either one have a shot for the title game? How long has it been since you have checked the BCS standungs to see who is number one and number two? [:D][:D][:D] Of course, if either Florida or Alabama hammers the other, then, who knows, maybe the BCS standings will move one of them ahead of Texas. [:D][:D][:D] Think about it...if Florida wins an ugly squeeker...[:D][:D][:D]
    What's next?
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,242 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    To seek comfort in these confusing times, I just crank up my Time Machine to last August.
    Georgia Bulldogs Number One.
    Go Bulldogs!
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,671 ******
    edited November -1
    Oh, I thought you had a stop-over in Texas with a truck load of sheep.[8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jimdeere