In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Might not make sense to some folks......

Comments

• Options
    skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    Cerebrally, I have some small grasp of the difficulty of doing what these soldiers are being asked to do. Without going through it I doubt I will ever truly "understand" in the sense I believe you refer to.

I still do not believe there is sufficient reason for our being there to justify the sacrifice of even one of these soldiers. I want them home.
  • Options
    Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by skicat
    Cerebrally, I have some small grasp of the difficulty of doing what these soldiers are being asked to do. Without going through it I doubt I will ever truly "understand" in the sense I believe you refer to.

I still do not believe there is sufficient reason for our being there to justify the sacrifice of even one of these soldiers. I want them home.
    SKI:

I can't say that I disagree with you.... I follow your logic & reasoning, and equally value your opinion.

Cheers.

NS
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am not wanting to talk to someone knowing they want to kill me.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    I am not wanting to talk to someone knowing they want to kill me.
    How do you know?

If you can figure that out, you'd make a million bucks.

We seem to struggle with that very question time and again.

NS
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    If they are called to do it, then bless them.
    Barzilla:

What happens when there are none left who feel that "calling"?

Will Hollywood save us?

NS
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Night Stalker
    If they are called to do it, then bless them.
    Barzilla:

What happens when there are none left who feel that "calling"?

Will Hollywood save us?

NS

There is always a remnant.

Otherwise, there would be no call.
    Is this a "if a tree falls in the woods" thing?

NS
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Not at all.

The call is not from a man.

If that is the only call, then it will be very risky business, indeed.
    That's a great point.

So, if less than 1% choose to serve our great nation in these wonderful times, what does that say about us as a nation, and if I may press the issue, what does that portend?

Brazilla.... I fear few see the world as you and I do.

NS
  • Options
    jwhardingjwharding Member Posts: 2,897 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A country that hates us, don't want any help, don't want to be free, don't care whether they live or die, don't even care about their own children. Come on U.S. get these guys out of there. These are our children dying everyday for nothing. Makes me sick to my stomach.
    JW
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jwharding
    A country that hates us, don't want any help, don't want to be free, don't care whether they live or die, don't even care about their own children. Come on U.S. get these guys out of there. These are our children dying everyday for nothing. Makes me sick to my stomach.
    JW
    I don't think you could possibly misunderstand the American Soldier anymore if you truly tried.

Evil exists, and it must be dealt with; better abroad than Main Street IMHO.

NS
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    What are you doing running around with guns inside my country?

My country (USA) did not like your government and decided to change it by putting in our own.

But I had no issues with that government, they were not bothering me and in fact I seldom had any contact with Kabul.

That might be true but that government was not to our (USA) liking and they had to go. We are giving you a new and wonderful government and officials which you will soon come to love. We have given them many billions of dollars and soon that money will reach you and improve your life in ways that you cannot now begin to imagine. You will soon find yourself wanting to talk to your officials. In America we write letters and send e-mails to our officials all of the time.You can do the same thing.

You understnad that there are no computers and we have no mail service out here? I believe that that new government is filled with self centered men who are only interested in their own personal gain and that none of that money will ever reach the countryside, much less my village.

That cannot be true. We (USA) have selected only the most honest and trustworthy officials who will be your friends and help you. They have promised us (USA) this.

I suppose I could live with your puppet government but at what point do you leave my country? The sooner the better so far as I am concerned.

We (USA) have yet to accomplish our mission. Once that is done we will leave.

Exactly what is your mission? I don't see anything positive from having you here and in fact you seem to draw a lot of undue attention and additional violence simply by being here.

You seem to be asking a lot of questions. Perhaps you need to speak to one of our intelligence officers. Come along with me.
  • Options
    jwhardingjwharding Member Posts: 2,897 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    JW
    I don't think you could possibly misunderstand the American Soldier anymore if you truly tried.

NS

I understand that we have a lot of young men who died for what they thought was a cause. But will in the end have died for nothing. Just my opinion .
    JW
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've seen the evil thise monsters can breed and I would rather u deal with them over there instead of here. You need o look past what the media tells us (bring democracy)and see that we are dealing with the evil that if given a chance would rain down on our homeland like a hail storm.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    JW

NS

I understand that we have a lot of young men who died for what they thought was a cause. But will in the end have died for nothing. Just my opinion .
    JW
    JW:

How is it for nothing? If a soldier kills some evil buzzard in Iraq or Afghanistan who never makes it to America's open arms, how is that a loss?

I'm not arguing the political merits of Iraq, but once we're there, we're in it with both feet. America paid for the time and space required for Afghan's and Iraqi's to grab freedom by the balls. We paid for that in in blood and national treasure.

Not one of those soldiers, sailors, airmen or marines were conscripted. They each joined willingly and carried out the orders of the leaders we American's elected.

I served five tours between Iraq and Afghanistan. Although there were some dark days, I don't consider any of those days a "lost cause" and neither do many of fella's I served with.

NS
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's my opinion that in the final analysis, the twilight years of old age...that what most of these young and old soldiers alike will remember most, is that they were there for each other...in the immediate sense, as mentioned at 3:58 in the first video - that's the most important part and also the saddest part as I see it.
    What's next?
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    America paid for the time and space required for Afghan's and Iraqi's to grab freedom by the balls. We paid for that in in blood and national treasure.

And it wasn't even close to being worth it.

We not only mortgaged our children's future....We sacrificed thousands of our best and brightest, both those who died and those whose minds and bodies have been ruined beyond repair.....all so at the end of the day, we can thump our chests and say "Boy, we sure gave them a shot at freedom"

Smedley Butler was right [V]
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not at all.

The call is not from a man.

If that is the only call, then it will be very risky business, indeed.
    That's a great point.

So, if less than 1% choose to serve our great nation in these wonderful times, what does that say about us as a nation, and if I may press the issue, what does that portend?

Brazilla.... I fear few see the world as you and I do.

NS

I think you are right.

Can't tell the future, but I know for sure that whatever is coming is now 50 years nearer, than when I first believed.

At least we saw the empire at it's height.

Yes, to be young again.
    What's next?