In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Killer deal on a Glock for a caliber I don't want

idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Hmm...I've been offered a brand new Glock 37 for $400. Should I jump on it? I really don't know anything about this new .45 GAP cartrige. Pretty tempting but I think I'd rather have a Glock 30 instead.

Comments

• PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
    Hell can't be all bad. If nothign else you can probably sell it down the road for a profit.

Patrick Buzzard
    Michigan National Guard
    19K-- tanker
    "Strike Hard!!"
  • LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    I think you're much better off with the 30. I still haven't figured out the reason for the .45 GAP.

Lord Lowrider the Loquacious.

Member:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets

She was only a fisherman's daughter,
    But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    $400 is about the 'police' price for most Glocks.

I'd say buy it, keep it awhile, then sell it for a profit if you want to.

You ain't gonna lose any money on that deal.

"If they won't give us good terms, come back and we'll fight it out."
    -- Gen. James Longstreet
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd only buy it if you reload...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    check out the price of ammo ...

check out the availability of brass for reloading

check out the "pain" of making your own cases

somewhere along the line you'll probably come to the conclusion of "why bother" ... also you might want to wonder why your being offered such a good deal????

If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess if you wanted a small frame .45 for carry and like the 185-grain loads, this would be a deal. "The GAP" sends a 185 out at a pretty good clip. But personally I've always preferred the heavier 200 and 230, and I believe that's where "the GAP" slips a bit against the .45 ACP. But a lot of people love their 185s, and if you really like those, you might be happy with the package. As for cost of ammo, that never factors into a defense gun of mine, since I always buy premium factory loads for carry anyway, and other than that all you need is one cheaper FMJ load for practice -- I imagine there will be several choices if there aren't already, from PMC, S&B, or Win white box.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • bigtirebigtire Member Posts: 24,800
    edited November -1
    If it's a good buy and you got the money just burning a hole in your pocket, get it.

I'm always looking for good deals. That is the #1 consideration for me. Whether I need it or not is way down on the list.

If it's a good deal you can always get your money back out of it, and maybe even make some.

The original point and click interface was a Smith and Wesson.
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it's a private sale, I'd say there was no downside. You can always re-sell it for more and who knows where the laws will be in two, to say nothing of twenty, years on purchases? Brass is always scarce when a new caliber is introduced; virgin and 1xF will start making an appearance, and at reasonable prices.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain)
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't think I'll be buying the gun. I just have absolutely no desire for a .45 GAP. I'm trying to do quite a bit with my "gun budget" right now. I just spent a ton of money on archery accessories and rings/bases for another gun. I have another expensive set of rings/bases on special order. heck....I think I have about $400 tied up in archery accessories,rings, and bases. I'll have to buy the scopes to go on those guns pretty soon too. I have a Leupold Vari-X II on layaway (yes, it's a Vari-X II) that I've been too lazy to pick up. Then I'm picking up a Burris handgun scope. I had originally planned on buying a Marlin 1894C from my dealer but all these add-ons are killing my toy budget.