In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

How To Tell Pickup Is Company Owned

.250Savage.250Savage Member Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
An oldie but a goodie.
How To Tell That A Pickup is Company OwnedIt's easy. Company trucks are different from personal trucks, in these ways:Company trucks travel faster in all gears.They accelerate much faster than personal trucks, leaving tire marks on pavement.They enjoy a much shorter braking distance, leaving more tire marks.They can take bumps at twice the speed of private trucks. They also can go places where personal vehicles can't. Special tires give it the ability to go over curbs and through open fields and bar ditches.Company trucks are maintenance free. Never need water, usually run hot and only need oil changes every 100,000 miles. They can be driven for miles with the oil light flashing.Their floors are shaped like ash trays, and accommodate milk cartons, coke cans, and leftover food wrappers. The floor is also a special compartment for spare parts that have missed getting to the jobsite.Company trucks are equipped with special radios that can be turned up to eliminate alarming engine noises.Company trucks are painted with special paint that never requires washing or waxing. The body of the company truck is inflicted with several "wounds, bumps, and abrasions." All of which were inflicted by the same person, "Not me."
From Advantage, Eastern Oklahoma ABC

Comments

• UNIVERSITY50UNIVERSITY50 Member Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    sounds like a police car to me.
  • k.stanonikk.stanonik Member Posts: 2,109 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like my brothers truck till i went to work on it last and prounced it DOA. May it rest in peace
  • hunter280manhunter280man Member Posts: 705
    edited November -1
    It fits all my companies trucks MO!And we are ABC affiliates also.
    Though I was born to royalty, I was snatched at birth, so treat me as the noble I am!!!
  • groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    My company truck is relatively clean inside except for a few pieces of company literature in the backseat. Now usually in the front seat you can find a 40X in 222Mag riding stock down in the middle and at least 1 XP-100 riding in the passenger seat. On floor board in back will be various sandbags and rests so that when I have finished all my official duties of work I will not have to go home and switch vehicles and load up to go back to the field to shoot groundhogs!! Oil is changed regularly,tires rotated and routine service performed as if it were mine!! I'm appreciative of the fact that they provided me a vehicle and therefore I try to take care of it!! GHD
  • Jungle JimJungle Jim Member Posts: 301 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Reminds me of a classified ad I saw about 5 years ago:1947 International Pickup. Never been washed.$300Jim
    "De Oppresso Liber"
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like every government-least vehicle I've ever driven. Every supervisor that I've ever had has been a smoker. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. I'll pay $50 every spring to have my government-leased vehicle (currently a Ford Taurus) detailed and steam-cleaned to remove the smell of smoke in order to enjoy that nasty habit.