In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Spielberg Censors the Guns He Needs

Josey1Josey1 Member Posts: 9,598 ✭✭
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
Spielberg Censors the Guns He NeedsHollywood zillionaire Steven Spielberg is so politically correct that he digitally erased law enforcement officers' guns from his latest attempt to cash in on "E.T." He even bragged that he was making a political statement in doing so. But considering his personal life, he ought to be the first one to support the Second Amendment he so despises.A jury in 1998 convicted Jonathan Norman of stalking Spielberg with the intent to rape him. A repeat offender, Norman had carried a "rape kit" including a knife, razor blades, handcuffs, dog collars, nipple clamps and duct tape. This is not the type of homosexual Hollywood likes to depict in such entertainments as "Philadelphia" and "Will & Grace."A prosecutor described Norman as "a predator" who was "dangerous not just to Mr. Spielberg but to others, too." "Had Jonathan Norman actually confronted me, I genuinely in my heart of hearts believe that I would have been raped or maimed or killed," the movie tycoon told Judge Steven Suzakawa. "I'm very distraught over the possibility that this man could come out of jail and go right back on the path again." Last month the director obtained a restraining order against a "desperate crazy" would-be actor imprisoned for trespassing at DreamWorks SKG. Spielberg described the stalker as "alarming and threatening to me," Hollywood.com reported.Steven, Steven, Steven. Whatever happened to the old you, when you thrilled audiences by having Indiana Jones end an Arab villain's dazzling knife tricks with one well-aimed bullet? Please, Steven, go to your nearest National Rifle Association meeting, where the good folks will show you how to defend yourself. Or are you a Rosie O'Donnell-style hypocrite who supports gun rights only for bodyguards of "the rich"?http://www.newsmax.com/showinsidecover.shtml?a=2002/3/21/180148

Comments

• Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think it was in Charleton Hestons autobiography that I read that Steven Spielberg has the most impressive gun collection of any Hollywood Big Wig(including Heston).
    Happiness is a warm gun
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ET is supposed to be getting released in select theaters again this weekend. The radio announced it this morning and stated that certain "enhancements" have been made. They didn't mention that all of the cops' guns were digitally transformed into hand-held radios.