In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Anyone use a Nikon Monarch scope?

deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Got a chance to buy one off my friend at a Great price, I am a Leupold/Burris user but cant pass on the deal.Any feedback on these?

use_deer.jpg

Comments

• He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,449 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Monarch on a .257. Fine glass and coatings, good workmanship and seems durable thus far. I personally rank them thus: Burris, Leupold, Nikon, with not a lot of space between them. If it is a good buy you should certainly get your moneys worth!

He Dog
  • temblortemblor Member Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ditto on how He Dog described them.The Monarchs are good scopes.......[8D]
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Same as above-[:D][:D][:D]

gun.gif
    Those who live by the
    sword get shot by those who don't.

[img][/img]Santa_Cruz.gif
  • groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    deerhntr, Take them outside in fading light and compare to the others you are using! You'll buy more! Take them outside in bright light and compare the sharpness and clarity to the others you're using, you'll buy more!! Been There, Done That!! GHD
  • Travis HallamTravis Hallam Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had a few and they have all benn comparable to the Leupold Varix 3 but at a Varix 2 price. Very good for the money. I would hesitate putting them on a high recoil gun however.

Mad Dog
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    GHD is right. I was contemplating a Leupold/Nikon purchase. I took a Leupold Vari-X III and a Nikon Monarch outside at sunset. The Nikon beat the Leupold in clarity and brightness. You won't regret a Nikon.