In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Which concert to attend.......

idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
It's a toss-up. Metallica and Godsmack are playing in Omaha on May 12. Aerosmith and Cheap Trick are playing nearby on that same evening. Hmmmmmmmmm....tickets go on sale Friday.

Metallica's new music is lousy but their shows are something to behold. Saw them on the Load and Reload tours right up close and personal-like. I've never seen Aerosmith.

Comments

• searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    Skip them both. Your ears will thank you later.

Proud member of the NRA

When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion.
    Abraham Lincoln

If I had only known, I would have been a locksmith.
    Albert Einstein
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Areosmith and cheap trick, That would bring me back to some good times[:D]

use_deer.jpg
  • wipalawipala Member Posts: 11,067
    edited November -1
    Aerosmith without a doubt

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: And he that hath no sword,let him sell his garment, and buy one
  • jjmitchell60jjmitchell60 Member Posts: 3,887
    edited November -1
    Aerosmith and Cheap Trick hands down! I used to love Metallica untill their Load album which was a bust IMHO. As to Godsmack, do not enjoy their music. Metallica and Godsmack are playing near me as well I beleive. My ol lady said so is Aerosmith! We are going to Steve Earle (Copper Head Road) on March 5 if we can get tickets. If Areosmith hits near us, we will go to it. I have not seen Areosmith in many a year! Bad part is I will have my 3 teenagers with me as well! Never in my wildest dreams would I ever think I would be taking my tenagers to a concert! Getting old!

"we are but men... no more, no less..."
  • H.S. 10-XH.S. 10-X Member Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Metallica and Godsmack!!!!! I saw Metallica and Pantera play in Little Rock back in '92, I think, and it was AWESOME!!! If you ever get a chance, head to the Beale Street Music Festival during Memphis in May. Four stages and over 70 different bands and three days of Rock-N-Roll!

10-X.jpg
    "If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know"- Kansas
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    What do Concert tickets cost now a days? 50 bucks? 100 bucks?I would spend the 9 bucks for a CD, Set at home and listen to it, rather than pay some Outfit, that dont give a darn about you, "Its all about the money" To the Bands, Groups, and Ticket sellers, your just another Dollar Bill.

If you are a fan of one of the groups or a particular person, buy the tape, cd, dvd or what ever.

animatflip.gif

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    Metallica and Godsmack!!! What is the decison here? [:D][:D]

NSDQ!

"Many free countries have lost their liberty, and ours may lose hers; but if she shall, be it my proudest plume, not that I was the last to desert; but that I never deserted her." -President Abraham Lincoln
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    metallica and godsmack wish i took the trip to toroto last year to see um

We're men. Its our God given right to watch sports and smut" - Al Bundy
    edited November -1
    Get tickets for both concerts...

You keep the tickets for Metallica and Godsmack and give me the ticket for the Aerosmith and Cheap Trick concert...

Simple...LOL

cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion

Hudson.gif
  • 0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    godsmack and metallica of course.i saw godsmack they put on a good show

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    SEMPER FI
  • springer1springer1 Member Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have seen Aerosmith and cheap trick 3-4 times mid 70s
    but I would still go see them again .Its funny that the same bands still tour togather.
    edited November -1
    Metallica's new stuff my be lousy but their shows are still amazing.

quote:To the Bands, Groups, and Ticket sellers, your just another Dollar Bill.

That's sort of the line of thinking that goes through my head when I walk past a Harley shop.
  • woodshermitwoodshermit Member Posts: 2,589
    edited November -1
    I think there is a Barry Manilow concert in your area on one of these dates. Follow your heart.
  • hawkeye6020hawkeye6020 Member Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Areosmith and cheap trick.

i wust be getting old i have never even heard of godsmack.

"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others"
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rock Concert Is that oxymoron?

He Dog
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Godsmack and Metallica hands down no decision needed, the only way I would go to an aerosmith concert would be to possibly see steven tyler fall down and break a hip, that dude needs to retire. I saw godsmack last summer at a budweiser one night stand concert one of the best shows I have seen in a while.
    edited November -1
    At least when ya buy a Harley you have a tangible product, Try selling what ya get from a concert..Or try riding it..[}:)][}:)]

animatflip.gif

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
    edited November -1
    quote: At least when ya buy a Harley you have a tangible product, Try selling what ya get from a concert..Or try riding it..

I do agree with you Classic but it is kind of hard to put a price on memories and experiences.
  • njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    I'm looking for some real music.........anybody know where the BEACH BOYS are playing next? [:D][:D][:D]

vic.jpg

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
    edited November -1
    Fri, 02/27/04
    06:00 PM
    The Beach Boys Cocoa Beach Pier
    Cocoa Beach, FL
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Beach Boys? What, are they playing at the old folks home?[}:)]

He Dog
    edited November -1
    My buddy at work used to have a Harley. He told me that it was like a fill-in-the-blank. He said he would ride it as often as possible even though it had a bad case of the drip.

Sometimes we pay for the intangible. I grew up in the 80's. Metallica was my favorite band. I couldn't get enough. I got right up next to the stage the last time I saw them. Feeling the heat from the pyro....being close enough to see the beads of sweat on their faces....feeling your heart palpitate every time the drum was struck.... The feeling was exhilarating and felt very tangible. Some will pay $50 to go to Disneyland to make a memory. I'd rather hear the music of my youth (no jokes here) played before me in a live manner.

There are a lot of musical legends that are very cross-generational that I will never be able to experience in a "live" setting. Metallica is a band that will continue to be popular long after they are no longer playing music. Maybe not the same caliber as Led Zepplin or Pink Floyd but it's about as legendary a band that my generation has. I wouldn't mind enjoying it while I still can.

Oh well. Passed on the tickets. I'll end up forking out $150 for a pair that will probably go unused. There's no way I can get a Wednesday off from work to get to the concert in time and then return to work feeling 100% the next day.
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd save my money and stay home. If it ain't country, it ain't music.

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • gun_runnergun_runner Member Posts: 8,999
    edited November -1
    metallica and godsmack. Even though metallica sucks now its the better choice in my opinion. Ive listened to metallica since their origin in the 80s and they suck now and have definetly sold out. But their concerts play the good old songs that arent composed of cheese and $$$$$.

Larry
  • ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gee, I see a pattern. They all used to be good.. now they all SUCK! Utter garbage! St. anger, yeah dude, party on, James Hetfield can kiss my *, the guys a has been, as is the rest of the band. Same goes with Aerosmith. [:(!]

Save it for something good, like Ac/Dc, or Alan Jackson!

GWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gif
    banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
    edited November -1
    Have you seen them live lately?