In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Buried 1st LT Adam Mooney (diamondback 16) today.

JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Well......it's over. My friend 1st LT Adam Mooney was laid to rest today. He had been missing for 25 days after his helicopter went down on a rescue mission in Iraq. The service was beautiful,..although designed to leave no dry eyes. I was able to maintain my composure through the videos of him in Iraq,..and the songs by local artists,....but as TAPS was played while a helicopter squadron flew the missing man formation overhead,...I lost it. The entire town stood by the roadside for some 20 miles for the procession. I think every person in the city was there. The highway was shutdown and all government employees were involved in traffic control,..flag display,..or some sort of help. All I could tell the news reporter was that Adam lived to be a helicopter pilot for the Army,..and that is the comforting thought. He died at 28yrs old doing just what he wanted,..and on a mission to save other soldiers.

God Bless you my friend Adam Mooney,...and I will see you some day.

why chase the game when the bullet can get em from here?....
Got Balistics?

Comments

• greeker375greeker375 Member Posts: 3,644
    edited November -1
    God Bless Lt. Mooney and all the others like Lt. Mooney who have gone before and will in the future in defense of our country.

"the difference between the almost right word and the right word is like the difference between a lightning bug and a lightning bolt" - Mark Twain.
  • robomanroboman Member Posts: 6,436
    edited November -1
    God bless 1st LT Adam Mooney. I never knew him but greatly appreciate his sacrifice. It is because of him that I am able to live in freedom and a great country such as the U.S. I'd like to think I can spend some time in heaven shaking the hand of every veteran who gave his life for this country.

signew.JPG

"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..."
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would like to offer my condolences! I had kept him my prayers as many here did. Adam, I was hoping would pull through, paid the ultimate price for freedom. God bless his family, you and his sole.

God speed my friend, God speed.

gun.gif
    Those who live by the
    sword get shot by those who don't.

[img][/img]Santa_Cruz.gif
  • jujujuju Member Posts: 6,321
    edited November -1
    My condolences to his family and you and my sincere thanks as well

JuJu(Saluting another fallen american hero)
  • robomanroboman Member Posts: 6,436
    edited November -1
    Taken from CNN's Special Report: War In Iraq

tz.adam.mooney.jpg
    Unit: 3rd Squadron, 17th Cavalry Regiment, 10th Mountain Division
    Hometown: Cambridge, Maryland
    Details: Mooney was initially listed as missing after his OH-58 Kiowa Warrior helicopter crashed into the Tigris River near Mosul, Iraq, during a search for a missing soldier on January 25, 2004. His remains were recovered on February 14, 2004.

signew.JPG

"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..."
  • ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    God Bless him.
    [:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(]

standard.jpg
    Limerick.gif
    It's my cat's world. I'm just here to open cans.

We got rid of the kids. The cat was allergic.

ATF,Eagle Guns
  • trooperchintrooperchin Member Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am truly sad to hear about our nations loss of yet another great guy. JustC, hope your doing all right.

sniper.gif
    koreaAnim.gifUN.bmp

Go Army Beat Navy
    IF you wanna have fun join the cavalry
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Lt. Adam Mooney, please salute the Commander in Chief of all human kind when you see him, and I will soon salute you both.

God Bless

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
  • HeavyBarrelHeavyBarrel Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    God bless.........
  • concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm sorry, Justin.

I extend my family's thanks and sympathy to the family of 1st Lieutenant Adam Mooney. [:(]

Kurt

Gun Control Disarms Victims, NOT CriminalsThe 2nd Amendment; America's Original Homeland Security
  • HangfireHangfire Member Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its men like him that let us sleep safely at night. I can't imagine a dry eye after reading this post.Thank you Adam!!!

Love them Pre-64's!!!!-Bob
  • stanmanstanman Member Posts: 3,052
    edited November -1
    Thank You LT!
    Good Journey.
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    thank you roboman. Your picture is appreciated.

why chase the game when the bullet can get em from here?....
    Got Balistics?
  • plains scoutplains scout Member Posts: 4,563
    edited November -1
    Bless him for what he did for us. Rest easy son.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I
    advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives
    boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind. Games played with the
    ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no
    character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of
    your walks." Thomas Jefferson
  • Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    JustC,

I had just departed Iraq when the A/C mishap happened. I was also a "DiamondBack", in the 1-10th "Dragon" ATTACK AVIATION BATTALION, 10th AVN BDE, 10th MTN DIV. Those men went down while trying to look for some men who had capsized in a boat. I have to tell you for me personally, there is not hardly a scarier situation than a "wire-strike", followed by a water-entry. That bridge along the river has been the cause of many problems since we arrived. God bless him and his co-pilot; I'm going to toss back several long necks in honor of 'em. Thanks for the post, and I pray to ease your pain during these confusing times.

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY (RLTW)
    NIGHT STALKERS DON"T QUIT (NSDQ!)

NSDQ!

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me." -Isaiah 6:8
  • Big StickBig Stick Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Justin,

Condolences to you and your pard.

Sounds like you folks done him proud and that's not to be slighted...................
  • chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
    edited November -1
    So VERY Sorry about the loss of that young man, and all the others that have lost their lives over their.[V]
  • TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The loss of this fine young soldier has struck the 10th MNT DIV here at Fort Drum hard. While he was missing there was still a glimmer of hope he was still alive. Now we know his fate, and we honor this Great War fighter for his sacrifice.

Climb to Glory brother, and when you get to heaven tell Chief Miller I said thanks, that the family is doing fine, and the girls miss him dearly. Let him know that I'll be sure and smack another turkey this spring in his honor.

Trinity +++

"Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it."(Proverbs 22:6)
  • RancheroPaulRancheroPaul Member Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There must be a "Need" for Soldiers in Heaven...... He will do his Job Well! It has been said, "God Hates the Peace of Those Whom He Has Destined for War!" But to them, He Shall Grant Peace..... Condolences and Prayers to all he touched on his journey.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,447 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So sorry, Justin.

He Dog
  • TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sad news. I just heard that we are missing two more in the river from the same kind of situations. Their bird also hit over head wires.[:(]

It's in the Lords hands now. I pray they find them alive.

Trinity +++

"Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it."(Proverbs 22:6)
  • NickCWinterNickCWinter Member Posts: 2,927
    edited November -1
    God comfort you and his family. He made a difference.
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Climb to Glory