In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Look who voted for/against S.397

idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
edited July 2005 in General Discussion
Here are the Nay's:

Akaka (D-HI)
Bayh (D-IN)
Biden (D-DE)
Bingaman (D-NM)
Boxer (D-CA)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Carper (D-DE)
Chafee (R-RI)
Clinton (D-NY)
Corzine (D-NJ)
Dayton (D-MN)
DeWine (R-OH)
Dodd (D-CT)
Durbin (D-IL)
Feingold (D-WI)
Harkin (D-IA)
Inouye (D-HI)
Kennedy (D-MA)
Kerry (D-MA)
Lautenberg (D-NJ)
Leahy (D-VT)
Levin (D-MI)
Lieberman (D-CT)
Mikulski (D-MD)
Murray (D-WA)
Obama (D-IL)
Reed (D-RI)
Sarbanes (D-MD)
Schumer (D-NY)
Stabenow (D-MI)
Wyden (D-OR)

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=109&session=1&vote=00219

Comments

• Options
    rldowns3rldowns3 Member Posts: 6,096
    edited November -1
    Wow, 3 of the non-voters were republican.

edited November -1
    Yes, but 14 Democrats crossed over to our side of the aisle. That's encouraging.
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bayh (D-IN). He and his dad are pretty well liked in this R state but this is disappointing. He is thinking of going for #1 in '08 too.

cbxjeff<P>It's too late for me, save yourself. <br>
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    65gto38965gto389 Member Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Luckily it was not those types of bills that would have required 2/3 majority. If that were true we could all be in trouble.[B)]

" Those who give up a little freedom for temporary security, deserve neither freedom nor security "
    - Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1
    "A bill to prohibit civil liability actions from being brought or continued against manufacturers, distributors, dealers, or importers of firearms or ammunition for damages, injunctive or other relief resulting from the misuse of their products by others."

When one considers the wording of the last sentence above highlighted, it's disgusting and disheartening to think that THIRTY-ONE persons elected to public office by the citizens of this country could be SO STUPID!

By this logic, shouldn't Monica Lewinski be able to SUE Swisher-Sweets for MISUSE of their product by OTHERS?
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Using that logic I don't understand why innocent victims of automobile accidents aren't suing Ford, GM & Chrysler dozens of times every day.

Lord Lowrider the Loquacious.

Member:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets

She was only a fisherman's daughter,
    But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Options
    jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    Feinsmack didn't vote.

"It's a blatant special interest bill to protect gunmakers and dealers, even if they make firearms recklessly available to criminals and terrorists," said Sen. Edward Kennedy, D-Mass.
    Don't ya just want to whack him on the side of the head a few times with a telephone book?
    Or better yet, a thick legal brief?
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Lowrider
    Using that logic I don't understand why innocent victims of automobile accidents aren't suing Ford, GM & Chrysler dozens of times every day.

They are. I wonder how many of the "nay" voters are ambulance
    chasers?
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fcd is correct, while this bill does not take away our guns these zealots will vote for anything that is negative towards firearms, and are absolutely clueless about what it means
  • Options
    ccddbb95448ccddbb95448 Member Posts: 796 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If all cars were equipped with the same protective devices that are in NASCAR it would be a safer world!!!!!!!!

quote:Originally posted by Lowrider

Lord Lowrider the Loquacious.

Member:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets

She was only a fisherman's daughter,
    But when she saw my rod she reeled.

S370H-SSV-00773H
  • Options
    RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1
    Of course, if there were NO LAWYERS, there would be no lawsuits, right? [:D][8D][:0][V]

And that would also eliminate many of the brainiacs in Congress, too. [:(!][B)][;)]
  • Options
    PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
    So did the bill pass or not?

00023904.jpg
    "Gunner sabot tank! Identify! UP! Fire! ON THE WAY!!" <<boom>>

"It's all about shot placement..."
    awcountdown_sm.gif
  • Options
    cruzie27cruzie27 Member Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by PATBUZZARD
    So did the bill pass or not?

00023904.jpg
    "Gunner sabot tank! Identify! UP! Fire! ON THE WAY!!" <<boom>>

"It's all about shot placement..."
    awcountdown_sm.gif

it passed

th_sign.jpg
    th_P1010032.jpg
  • Options
    texastradingposttexastradingpost Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes and no. It passed the Senate, but does not mean it goes into law. It now must go to the House of Represenatives. Now is the time to contact your US representative and ask him/her to vote for it. Also time to ask to strip the gun lock ammendment or any other changes if that is a problem for you. I personally don't think removing it is worth the fight. It only requires licensed dealers to provide a lock, does not require you to use it. C&R license holders do not fall under this. Also C&R pistols are exempted from the requirement. Here is the amendment. http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?c109:2:./temp/~c109q2geaY:e13939:
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wrote 2 letters to my Rep (one to DC office and one to local office) and sent email. Will call both offices tomorrow.