In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Free healthcare for all!

silver6silver6 Member Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2005 in General Discussion
I see all kinds of deadbeats and dirtbags gettin free healthcare and money to live on while they go out and spend all night runnin around doin god knows what so they can end up back in the ER on us taxpayers dime again. And they go to the ER several times a week and sometimes several times a day. And when they get old from all the booze and cigarettes and drugs they smoked,snorted,shot,and drank they get to be in the hospital all the time for chronic problems associated with those habits. All while we worked for the money they used. Don't get me wrong those who are disabled at no fault to them or something beyond their control government assistance at a minimum is something I can live with but not free rides for asshats.

So in light of this I just had a big idea. Nobody from now on out pays for healthcare. We just boycott the bill. Just say if he doesnt pay I dont pay. I know it sounds crazy and I understand that the current system would crumble and people would die but whatelse can you think of to make such a radicle change to keep the dirtbags off the free lunch wagon and this would drasticly help our economy in the long run. Think of all the possibilities that could arise of the dirtbags having to work. Less crime in all catagories. Less drag on society in all catagories. The possibilities for growth are endless.

If god meant for us to talk more than we listened he'd have given us one ear and two mouths- Vince Lombardi

Comments

• Options
    jdyerjdyer Member Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can understand were you're coming from, but I just can't refuse anybody healthcare if they really need it. I don't know what the answer is to the current healthcare crisis. Sure, we would like all people to work and earn enough to pay for insurance or for their own healthcare, but that's just not how it is or will ever be.

I've had enough health problems in the past 20 years that without VA and insurance I could have never of come up with the $1.5 million spent on me so far. I'd be in a world of hurt. I just can't imagine someone in my condition not being able to get treatment.

I'm not for Nat'l Healthcare btu I'm also not for suffering. Any good ideas on the subject?

Screw Allah & Have a Great Day!
    faces.jpg
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't even object to returning to being a free country, but we all know that ain't gonna happen. Nice thought though.

MCsig01.jpg
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    NOTHING IS FREE! That's what my dad taught me. Someone always pays ... just maybe not the receiptient.

cbxjeff<P>It's too late for me, save yourself. <br>
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    There are a few factors- one is that medical care is something that has no value unless it's needed- that is, surgery on your kidney hass no value to you if nothing is wrong with your kidney, conversely, if you're going to die if you don't have surgery on your kidney, nothing else matters very much. Secondly, Errors & omissions have led to mult-million dollar payments from the medical community to those mis-treated; thirdly, insurance companies have provided payment of medical expenses in exchange for a monthly premium (and they aren't really in the good-will business), fourthly the government has been trying to save everyone from high medical expenses, fifthly the medical community (AMA) has prevented the supply of doctors from increasing, affecting the supply/demand equation of medical services. All these and a few thta I haven't mentioned have led to increased costs for medical services. Again, we must point the finger at ourselves when we're looking for someone to blame.
  • Options
    nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "If you think health care is expensive now, just wait till you see what it costs when it's free." P.J. O'Rourke

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you."
  • Options
    silver6silver6 Member Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No. Not saying it should be free. Just saying it shouldn't I was being sarcastic with my title. I was trying to get people to suggest ways to bust up the existing method of having to pay for all the dirtbags and drugheads that drag us down now.

If god meant for us to talk more than we listened he'd have given us one ear and two mouths- Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got no problems with drug OD types being allowed to die. You're on welfare and you have prior drug convictions and you get pregnant? There's someone out there that would like to adopt a child. Better two male life partners than a welfare queen with a history of drugs.