In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I have some great news!!

BlckhrnBlckhrn Member Posts: 5,136
edited July 2005 in General Discussion
If you're not in the risk pool, Safeco is cheaper than geico, and no annoying ads

york.bmp"No taxation without representation, Join the NRA"

Comments

• Options
    gbeggrowgbeggrow Member Posts: 5,499
    edited November -1
    So I take it you "just saved a bunch of money on your car insurance"![:D]

quote:Originally posted by Blckhrn
    If you're not in the risk pool, Safeco is cheaper than geico, and no annoying ads

heat1.jpg
  • Options
    ZERODINZERODIN Member Posts: 6,338
    edited November -1
    I know a Geico employee, and she freely admits that unless you are high-risk or have bad credit, Geico isn't the best you can do.
  • Options
    duckyducky Member Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was with Geico previously and after a fender bender where I hit a girl from behind when she pulled across 5 lanes of traffic, even after I was found not at fault, they dropped me like a wet turd.

I hope they go bankrupt and their policy folks get nasty sores.
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    safeco is really not that competitive either, unless you have a couple tickets.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • Options
    BlckhrnBlckhrn Member Posts: 5,136
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    safeco is really not that competitive either, unless you have a couple tickets.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!

You have to be out of the risk pool, in my state that is over 25 and no tickets for 4 years.

Safeco, liability $300/year, geico $600

• Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    gg1519--I'm not going to judge your driving habits as long as you didn't hurt anyone. You have to live with the consequences of your choices so I don't want you to take this wrong.

What kind of car are you driving? How are you paying $200/month? I insure a 2003 Honda Civic EX, a 2004 Honda Shadow VT750C and I actually carry supplemental insurance on my policy to cover my government vehicle in case I'm in an accident that is my fault. Oh yeah....I also have renter's insurance rolled up with the Civic and the Supplemental Insurance. In all, I pay around $120/month. I've never had a ticket that wasn't dropped by a County Attorney but do you live in a high-risk area or do you have an extensive driving record?