In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Snake Charmer

thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in General Discussion
Anyone familiar with this gun? It looks really neat! Thinking about getting one if it isn't a waste of money...Monkey

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Can anyone tell me if a barrel from a Snake Charmer II will fit the H. Koon model?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I saw that but I've also heard good stuff from other people about them.
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Buy a box of shot loads for any wheelgun you now own or would like to own. Alternatively, send me the money you would spend on this POS and I will supply you a box of such loads. Now, that first choice will only make you a happier person . . . it's much better to share, don't you think?
  • Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Might as well buy another Jennings .25 with mini bayonette.
    So many guns to buy. So little money.
  • Options
    Bubba JoelBubba Joel Member Posts: 5,161
    edited November -1
    Monkey, I've had one for years.....It's a single shot 410, with a slide in the stock that holds 4 or 5 shells...I threw it in the boat, for killing snakes and turtles while fishing.....I liked it for that, and I also carried it when I traveled, before I got my CHL......IMHO
  • Options
    gad38gad38 Member Posts: 179
    edited November -1
    My dad has had one behind the seat of his truck for years, loves it and won't part with it for nothing!!!
  • Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get a Springfield M6 Scout .22lr/.410, much better value, folds in half smaller than snake charmer, only about another $50. You can also get it in .22hornet/.410gaNot only that but the Springfield has sights, and is scope capable.
  • Options
    WyomingSwedeWyomingSwede Member Posts: 402 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bit and bought one also. Used cost me $50.00. No sights just shotgun....works well for rattlesnakes and varmints. Has holes in the butt for more shells. Is easy to carry being so short. Barrel is really thick compared to other shotguns. Says you can fire .45 long colt in it too. Dont know how accurate it would be...never tried it...probably works in theory. For a cheap little shotgun, it accomplishes the purpose intended. Go ahead and buy it...if nothing else for the fun factor. regards swede
    WyomingSwede
  • Options
    dhdh Member Posts: 127 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought one in 1980 for one reason alone,to carry in the boat when offshore fishing.Right now a friend has it to carry on his tractor to thin out the water moccasin population behind his house.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I KNEW IT! Anything that simple can't mess up all the time!
  • Options
    sig-mansig-man Member Posts: 591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get the Rossi Matched Pair gun, it's the same basic .410 and it comes with a matching 22 lr barrel that changes out in 30 seconds, and sells for around $150-$170 in blued or stainless
  • Options
    WyomingSwedeWyomingSwede Member Posts: 402 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go ahead and pick one up monkey....its worth at least fifty dollars just for the fun factor. Figured I had better reply on this post and move it back to the top of the list. After all....should have at least one question about an actual firearm on the first page of the discussion forum. regards swede
    WyomingSwede
  • Options
    YankeeClipperYankeeClipper Member Posts: 669 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Befor the Snake Charmer Was the Kimmel Kamper, No way could you get me to sell it, In fact I would enjoy hearing from any one that has one ,and anyone that has an extra .20 ga. The snake charmer replaced the Kimmel Kamper, I don,t think they ever made the snake in a .20 ga. Correct me if I'm wrong
  • Options
    ysacresysacres Member Posts: 294 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Da Sup Munkyou need a bond arms derringer defender 45 lc + 410. Made in Texas not in China
    Ruger-Remington-RULE THE ROOST
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    SuperMonkey--Get the Springfield M6 Scout. The .22 barrel isn't accurate out to 100 yards but it's good for the same distance as the .410 barrel for the purpose it was designed to satisfy. Wrapping the barrels of the M6 Scout with 550 cord makes for a nice durable handguard.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Okay, now I'm peeved. This thread had me thinking about my ol' Springfield M6 Scout and don't know what I did with it. I think I sold it to a cousin but now I can't remember. I see that nobody has one up for bid on GB so I guess I'm just going to have to go and have a dealer order one for me. Thanks alot!Supermonkey--I still can't get the image of you running around in a Superman suit out of my mind. Thanks a lot!
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Had one, won't have another!
    Save, research, then buy the best.Join the NRA, NOW!Teach them young, teach them safe, teach them forever, but most of all, teach them to VOTE!
  • Options
    Evil ATFEvil ATF Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm partial to Cobray's .410gauge/45 LC derringers myself.I've thought about buying a single shot or SXS .410 shotgun, but it would just sit in the closet. To each his own!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I know I'm way off course here but, speaking of .410's, has anyone here bought one of those lever-action Winchester 9410's?P.S. Since the Springfield M6 Scout supposedly sucks so much, would anyone care to part with theirs for a low price?[This message has been edited by idsman75 (edited 09-30-2001).]