In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Anyone own a Rock Island Armory.45 cal. m1911?

Josey1Josey1 Member Posts: 9,598 ✭✭
edited December 2001 in General Discussion
I am looking at them in this weeks Shotgun news,they are being advertised as an introductory price for $285.00.I am looking for a .45,1911 that is modestly priced to carry on hikes in the mountains and I really do not want to bring one of my $1200 custom jobs.I just want to be able to have access to a reliable,new or like new hard hitter,that I need not be too concerned with roughing it up.As always any/all help would be appretiated,Josey

Comments

• Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    JudgeColt weighed in on this issue the last time that I met with him. I asked him the same question and he told me that the Rock Island Armory 1911 may be a questionable investment. I do not recall the reasoning but it had something to do with the reputation of the manufacturer. Maybe he will re-state his opinion in this thread.
  • Options
    simonbssimonbs Member Posts: 994
    edited November -1
    Josey,Check out Firestorm .45s. My Father-in-law carries one. I've shot it a few times and like it alot. They are within your price range and his is reliable.
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You're better off with an EAA Witness. Still affordable. Excellent quality proven by competitors that build competition guns using the Witness as a basis.
  • Options
    simonbssimonbs Member Posts: 994
    edited November -1
    Josey,Here are a few Item #s for Firestorms on GB:2712002273675827367602744313 Three different sellers that I do not know, endorse, or not endorse. Firestorm also makes compact models.