In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

SIG question

idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
edited September 2002 in General Discussion
I just bought a like new Sig p220 .45 with a lasermax sight. The Rock Island .45 I bought turned out to be junk. My question on the Sig is : Is the hammer supposed to stay off the firimg pin when it is in the de-cocked or un-cocked position? I've never had a gun which did this. Once someone tells me it is okay, I'll go out and shoot it.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    What are the basic differences, if there are any, in the Sigs made in Germany and the ones from good old USA?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Anyone knowledgeable with sigs could you tell me the difference in a p225 that is marked p6 and one that is not?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Why id it that the Sig-Pro 2340 costs so much less than the other models[?][?][?]. I've seen these suckers for $400 flat.

Thanks,
    Travis
  • Options
    edited November -1
    sigs are a reliable and fun gun yes? then why are they so expensive to buy one? even used they go for nearly what they do nib retail.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I GOT A SIG P-226.WHEN I CLEAN IT I NORMALLY PUT A GOOD BIT OF OIL IN THE SLIDE RAILS AND IN THE GROOVES IN THE SLIDE THAT THEY RUN IN,NOT DRIPPING BUT AFTER RUB OIL ON IT I PUT TWO OR THREE DROPS IN EAGH SLIDE RAIL GUIDE IVE BEEN TOLD THAT YOU CAN OVER OIL A GUN I WAS JUST WONDERING IF THIS SOUNDED EXCESSIVE?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Does anyone know if SIG ever made a pistol in 10mm? I have a co-worker who thought he heard of such a thing. I've never seen one so I figured I'd throw it out here for the heck of it.

Thanks.
  • Options
    maggiethecatmaggiethecat Member Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No. as far as i know sig never produced a 10mm gun. also did a search just to double check, came up with nothing

The greatest happiness is to see your enemy scattered before you, to see his village in ashes, and to gather to your bed his wives and daughters.-Genghis Khan 1226
  • Options
    DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nope.

Often the mind believes it is thinking, when it is only passing from one metaphor to the next.
  • Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No, I dont think the 10MM was ever popular in Germany.

Best!!!

Rugster

Toujours Pret
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,005 ******
    edited November -1
    Or the USA.

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com, the best gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net
  • Options
    edited November -1
    As it turned out I had to drag this guy to a gun store and show them the catalog to prove that there was no way he would ever get his hands on a SIG in 10mm. Then he figured SIG just discontinued manufacturing them due to the lack of popularity so I had to break out a Blue Book. Oh well. Now he is tossing around the idea of buying a Glock in 10mm. Apparently he thinks the gun stores around here have "GREAT DEALS" on Glocks. Personally I think that they are still a bit over-priced but so it goes.