In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

The Adventures of Lord Beekeeper...

RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
edited December 2001 in General Discussion
Recently I found myself struggling with what's refered to as "Writers Block"....the inability to come up with fresh ideas for a new Smoking Jacket adventure....just as Hollywood has tried many times to make a sequel that out performs the original movie, most often they fail....Hummm.....perhaps "Lord Beekeeper abducted by Aliens"...."Smoking Jacket Club goes on Safari"....or maybe "Smoking Jacket Club and the Time Machine".....

Comments

• Options
    shaneshane Member Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How about "Around the world in a daze" Do ya remember the theme from the stooges?
    Sir Shane of the~Secret Select Society of Sauve Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How about a story of the great B&C buck that got away? It could tell of his misadventures with members of the SJ Club while they shot and missed due to humorous hunting circumstances and could end by joining them in the great halls of the SJ Clubhouse sipping on fine drinks and smoking a Cohiba with "the boys".
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    Hey idsman,as I recall,you were there when Lord Rembrandt,of the Iowa Rembrandts,presented me with that first smoking jacket...and the club was formed.I remember everyone who was at the very first meeting..218
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The original Smoking Jacket Club:1.-He Dog- started the thread2.-Rembrandt- presented me with the 1st smoking jacket3.-Highball.(where is Highball these days)4.-Beachmaster(havent heard much from beach)5.-shane6.-idsman757.-legn48.-218Beekeeper
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That thread will go down in the eternal annals of GB. It was so memorable but so lengthy that I forgot that HeDog was the one that started it. What does the dogger have up his sleeve these days? I doubt the original could ever be outdone. How is the smoking jacket holding up? Are you blessing it with fine aromatic smoke?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    idsman75,actualy I was going back a couple months before that one.It was a thread that had about 22 posts and only 8 guys posted...ya got ta go back,man!.218
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Rumor has it that Lord Beekeeper has been mysteriously sneaking out of the mansion in the wee hours of the morning....could it be that our friend has been....cheating? How could a gentleman of unquestionable character lead a double life? The Smoking Jacket members were determined to find the answer.....Sir Shane, Lord Lowrider, and Sir Travelor decided to stake out and follow the great Beekeeper.....The clock strikes 2:00 AM as they watch the dark figure in a smoking jacket slip through the door way...he goes to the garage and speeds away on "IT", his newest two wheeled toy....the get away is nearly silent as the whir of the electric motor fades in the darkness.....The Jacket members quickly head for the club's Hummvee and follow with lights out. Sir Shane struggles to keep the darkened vehicle out of the ditches....unfortunately he takes out two mail boxes....Lord Beekeeper's "IT" pulls into a familiar secluded drive....it's the residence of the TimberBeast family. The door opens and in slithers the cloaked smoking jacket figure....could this be? Mrs Beast and Lord Beekeeper?......within five minutes Lord BeeKeeper emerges with a long slender package and returns home. The members return home to report their findings at the next club meeting....The meeting of the Smoking Jacket club comes to order and Lord Beekeeper signals for silence as he makes an announcement...."Lord Rembrandt...would you come forward please"...."As a small token of the season, I would like to present you with a gift"......he reaches behind the high back leather chair and retrives the long mysterious package....as it is opened, a beautiful .218Bee Savage is unveiled....not just any rifle but stocked with a hand crafted triple claro walnut 2X4 from Mrs Beast and shaped to perfection by the wood master himself, Timberbeast....a tear comes to each member's eyes as they realize the foolishness of their suspicions....Lord Beekeeper is truely a benevolent gentleman and good friend.
  • Options
    will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
    edited November -1
    Sir Rembrandt, That sounds much to fictitious, make him go gator huntin' so it sounds more like the real BeeKeeper. (I feel sorry for them gators.)Do you write for real Rembrandt? If you don't, you should. If you do, then you are "write" where you ought to be!
    Eat healthy, exercise, avoid smoking........Die anyway. will270win@aol.com ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~[This message has been edited by will270win (edited 12-13-2001).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Will, afraid I'm not a writer....but do enjoy reading and browsing the net. Now if we could sell the rights to a "Beekeeper/Smoking Jacket movie"....I would certainly give it a try....could always use some extra gun show money...
  • Options
    the loveable rat...the loveable rat... Member Posts: 969 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Full Metal Smoking Jackets"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey rat,..pretty cool,man!!Did you ever join?If not,..consider this an invitation from Sir Lord Beekeeper himself!!.218
    CO/Founding Father~Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Options
    the loveable rat...the loveable rat... Member Posts: 969 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    thank you, Mr. Bee Keeper. (gracious pause) i accept your invitation and raise my crystal brandy snifter in the air to acknowledge the founders and their fine taste...Huzzah and Hooray!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Have another adventure planned for you Sir Beekeeper, may have to wait till Monday....going deer hunting this weekend with Lord Idsman at the Rembrandt Hunting Lodge....take care.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey, I have some connections with certain "someones" that could provide us with IR headlights for the Humvee and we could use them to navigate in total darkness with Night Vision devices. This may be what it takes to keep tabs on the wiley 218.