In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Airsoft Pistol Experience Today

idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
edited December 2001 in General Discussion
I was driving away from a home in a less-than-desirable neighborhood in Sioux City, IA today when I approached a group of kids that were following this 11-year-old around The 11-year-old was waving an AirSoft pistol that was designed to look just like a two-tone S&W semi-auto. I parked, got out of my car, and proceeded to deliver a brief but terse message to this youngster about the dangers of his stupidity and the fact that he could end up getting shot by a police officer by mistake. He started to shake all over and then ran home to put it away. While driving home from work this evening at about 8:30pm I came to realize that I only assumed it was an AirSoft and still have no idea if it was the real thing or not.

Comments

• Options
    thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jeez Idsman,Don't mistake the kids of today for the kids of yester year. Kids today are ticking time bombs capable of unthinkable atrocities. I remember not so long ago when you could walk to the woods through town lugging your 22 and no one batted an eye. Did you hear about the case of the little black boy (12?) who beat another little girl to death while his mother "slept". Rape cases involving 10 and 11 year olds. As Dr. Dre says "Jonny's got a shotgun and he ain't even big enough to cock one." Idsman, I'm glad everything went ok, but please be careful. Kids today aren't kids, they're rapid animals.[This message has been edited by thesupermonkey (edited 12-13-2001).]
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    What the hell is an "AirSoft" pistol?
    Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Options
    thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are toy pistols which shoot a 6mm plastic bb. They are EXTREMELY realistic. The cheap models are made of plastic but the expensive ones are made of real metal and wood. They have working saftys, slides, and magazines. Some can even eject shells after each shot and cycle the action!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I guess certain experiences give you that unrealistic sense of safety like walking the train tracks alone at 2am through a heavily wooded area looking for four kids with surgical scalpels. We don't have to many wanna bees here. We mostly have momma's boys.
  • Options
    guns-n-painthorsesguns-n-painthorses Member Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Funny,,,,, I thought the whole town was a " less-than-desirable neighborhood"!Scott
  • Options
    morax65morax65 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    wait, i take exception to this statment of kids of today. yeah SOME kids with no upbringing are ticking time bombs, but not all kids are like this. i own firearms, hunt rairly get, target shoot aint figured how to clean them yet, and i am also a father who is Primary custodial parent to 2 kids who know the difference of what the arms are used for. it is the upbringing thats got the kids goofed nowadays.
  • Options
    morax65morax65 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    wait, i take exception to this statment of kids of today. yeah SOME kids with no upbringing are ticking time bombs, but not all kids are like this. i own firearms, hunt rairly get, target shoot aint figured how to clean them yet, and i am also a father who is Primary custodial parent to 2 kids who know the difference of what the arms are used for. it is the upbringing thats got the kids goofed nowadays.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I guess Sioux City doesn't bother me because I am de-sensitized. I grew up in Commun-apolis, MN. Almost any city is a breath of fresh air after having the Minneapolis "Red" Star Tribune land on your doorstep every day.