In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I disagree...

Seth Kony PerumeSeth Kony Perume Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited February 2002 in General Discussion
so there.[:o)]

Comments

• Seth Kony PerumeSeth Kony Perume Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've been watching this board for a while, and I've noticed that a lot of people here, seem to think the government should undue all of its gun legislation, and start handing out the fully automatic weapons and c4. As if, by removing the NICs check and allowing any schmuck to carry a weapon crime would some how go down. Why would a criminal buy a gun off the street at 3 or 4 times the price when he can just go to any gun show and do a private transfer? I think the government still has a lot of work to do.
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have never seen anyone on this board say the government should "hand out" weapons. I have a right to bear arms, and the government cannot prevent me from exercising that right, but that does not mean that the government has to equip me with the equipment necessary to exercise that right.
    Happiness is a warm gun
  • thebutcherthebutcher Member Posts: 374 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would rather the government hand me an assault weapon than say I can't have one...
    The definition of an "expert":An "X" is an unknown quantity and a "spurt" is a drip under pressure.
  • .280 freak.280 freak Member Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Geez, didn't the "MUSE" fiasco teach ya nothin'?Sure looks like if ya use the letters from "The Supermonkey", you can come up with "Seth Kony Perume".[This message has been edited by .280 freak (edited 02-13-2002).][This message has been edited by .280 freak (edited 02-13-2002).]
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    Seth:If any one here stated that the government should do this it was wrong. I am not sayning that some one and that means one might have. It is not the reasoning of the majority of us here.More gun laws do not equate to a safer place to live. That is a fact.
  • beachmaster73beachmaster73 Member Posts: 3,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Actually Seth you have been watching this board for less than a day. Many members of this board believe in a strict interpretation of the Constitution particularly in regards to the Second Amendment. I'm sure that you believe in just as strict an interpretation of the First Amendment. This board does have a few hot heads on it and very independent thinking Americans who question much of the federal government's "We are here to help you" attitude. They don't tend to hold back their expressions of dismay when wronged. In particular out West when a man stole another man's horse there was a set punishment that awaited the thief. In the 100 years since then our government has enacted a great many laws that have only encouraged theft and disrespect for others property.Seth you are welcome here but I would advise you to sit by the fire for a while and gain a little insight into this forum before you so grandly dismiss us as "gun nutts" have a wonderful day and welcome to the forum. Beach
  • beachmaster73beachmaster73 Member Posts: 3,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    .280 Freak you are brilliant!!!Once again the simian has taken a few of us in...boy do I hate the taste of a hook in my mouth!!!!! Beach
    edited November -1
    For those who are missing it -SUPERMONKEYSUPERMONKEYSUPERMONKEYSUPERMONKEYSUPERMONKEY
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    280 you freakin genious.
    Happiness is a warm gun
    edited November -1
    SaxonPig, Really? The why does the United States have the highest rate of gun related violence in the WORLD and also happens to be one of the least restrictive with gun laws?I was using C4 as a hyperbole, but that might have been to confusing so I'll try knocking it down a few notches for you. I'm not really sure where the boundary of this 'RIGHT' ends? If not fully auto, why semi-auto... get me? By the way, Black powder firearms (the weapon of the time when the 2nd Amendment was written) are nearly unregulated and available to nearly everyone? As for being a member of Handgun Control Inc. sure sign me up, I'm all for REASONABLE gun laws.thebutcher,"You can wish in one hand and crap in the other, and see which one gets filled first..."
    edited November -1
  • thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for spoiling all my fun 280...Geez, I figured I would have ya' going for at least a day! Munkey the disappointed...[This message has been edited by thesupermonkey (edited 02-13-2002).]
    edited November -1
    Nyuk nyuk nyuk!
    edited November -1
    That sux ID'd before I even got a shot off...sigh
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,058 ******
    edited November -1
    The moron-filtering software must be on the blink.
    Certified SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of the General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com, the premier gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net Jesus is Lord!
  • GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good one, Nunn!
    edited November -1
    It must be,your posts are showin' up just fine
  • Miss. CreantMiss. Creant Member Posts: 300 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good eye there .280.How many of us were around when the Muse made his appearance?
  • Judge DreadJudge Dread Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Even nunn poofed my "Chicken genocide" formulas ... I think you will need a permit to exist if you have over 60 IQ .
  • will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
    edited November -1
    Nobody really cares what you think.
  • winged 1winged 1 Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well that had my blood boiling for a minute or two.Hey have any of ya'll read the article on page 68 of the March issue of American Rifleman? It is great!Check it out.
  • PelicanPelican Member Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey 280, I bet you is a whiz at them there scrambled up word things in the newspaper.
    edited November -1
    Pelican -Actually, I hate 'em. Little kids beat me at those dang things. The subject matter had my radar up and when I took another look at his name, I just saw it somehow. Even a blind pig finds an acorn once in a while!
  • will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
    edited November -1
    That damn snipermonkey!
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, take it to a mechanic. will270win@aol.com ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • 218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    Miss.Creant,that looked a lot like the way minda used to scramble words...remember her? .218
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The methods that would be required to keep our gun incident rates as low as "other countries" would require the use of search-and-siezure techniques and "guilty until proven innocent" approach to adjudication that would be contrary to the egalitarian American ethos. Take a look at the Brits and Australia. The banned and confiscated firearms (except from the criminals who didn't turn theirs in) and look at what has happened to their crime rates--especially incidents of gun violence. They've gone up nearly 300%. The criminals will get their guns one way or another. It's called a black market. When I bring this up, most liberals say words to the effect that we should just abolish ALL laws that create black markets. Guess what. You can't hold up a liquor store with a joint and you can't murder someone with an eight-ball. You can do these things with guns. The laws that we have on the books just keep honest people honest. Those that would commit such heinous acts are going to bypass the system anyways. I should be allowed to sell a gun at a gun show. It is my property--period. [This message has been edited by idsman75 (edited 02-13-2002).]