In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

TALES OF THE GUN marathon

offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
edited February 2002 in General Discussion
For anyone who enjoys the occasional episode of Tales of the Gun on the History Channel, they're having a "marathon" of episodes today. Just caught part of one that discussed the so-called top 10 most important guns of history, and the top three were the 1911 Colt, the Paterson revolver and (drum roll) the Maxim machine gun.
"The 2nd Amendment is about defense, not hunting. Long live the gun shows, and reasonable access to FFLs. Join the NRA -- I'm a Life Member."

Comments

• concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Offeror, thanks! I love watching the History Channel Tales of the Gun. I'll have to pop in a VCR cassette and tape them!G36
    Gun Control Disarms Victims, NOT Criminals
  • niklasalniklasal Member Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Darn it! I don't have cable
    NIKLASAL@hotmail.com
  • daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    ***This is a History channel test!*** What was the name of the 1st revolver made and in what year? This is the answere typed backwords- DON"T CHEAT_____.("6381- nosretaP ehT") If you watch the History Channel alot- you'll know the answere.
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, so far I've caught episodes on Nazi firearms, Japanese WWII firearms, and American WWII firearms, and then one on machine guns that included the history of the Thompson's development. Good stuff, lots of museum pieces shown in excellent condition, and war footage of guns in action. A nice series with many experts and collectors behind it.
    "The 2nd Amendment is about defense, not hunting. Long live the gun shows, and reasonable access to FFLs. Join the NRA -- I'm a Life Member."
  • Gene B.Gene B. Member Posts: 892 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Patterson i think
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    SaxonPig--Gosh you're so silly.