In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

~~The Images of Mother~~

Bubba JoelBubba Joel Member Posts: 5,161
edited November 2001 in General Discussion
OK, maybe this is not the right place to post this, but I was looking back at some old e-mails and jokes...I found this and wondered if someone would like it.....
~~~~~~~~~~The Images of Mother~~~~~~~~~~~~4 Years of age: My Mommy can do anything!8 Years of age: My Mom knows a lot! A whole lot!12 Years of age: My Mother doesn't really know quite everything.14 Years of age: Naturally, Mother doesn't know that either.16 Years of age: Mother? She's hopelessly old-fashioned.18 Years of age: That old woman? She's way out of date!25 Years of age: Well, she might know a little bit about it.35 Years of age: Before we decide, let's get Mom's opinion.60 Years of age: Wonder what Mom would have thought about it?65 Years of age: Wish I could talk it over with Mom once more..__________I still like it....how true it is.....

Comments

• Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,018 ******
    edited November -1
    It works the same with Dad. I was 30 when he died. Many times I have wished he was here to talk something over with.Mom is still here, but it's not the same.
    Certified SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of the General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com, the premier gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net Jesus is Lord!
  • Options
    wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think everyones parents go through this low ebb of intelligence and then get smarter as you age. My dad and I had a really good relationship. He's been gone several years and I still wonder how he would handle some things that I stumble over. My son and I are just as confortable with each other and have a lot of the same interests, we are both gun toting rednecks. I think that is one of lifes real gifts to have that kind of relationship with your kids. I consider myself to be extremely fortunate. I tell him that I changed his pants and took care of him for 20 years and it's only right that he changes my pants and takes care of me for the next 20. LOL
    standard.jpg
  • Options
    Ms. BeastMs. Beast Member Posts: 496 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Patrick OdlePatrick Odle Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I lost my dear Mother when I was 11, am 67 now and still miss her today. She has used a peach tree on my bare legs many the time and brought the blood. dadgum my aggravating timeshe should have been using a 2x4. If I could have her back today, I would gladly let her beat me with her weapon of choice for 2 hoursand 55 minutes if I could just hug her neck for the next 5 minutes. She truly loved me,and thats not easy to do!
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This topic reminds me of the time when I was absoulely floored when my dad asked me for advice on an insurance policy shortly after I reached the ripe old age of 20. He's been a business man with a business degree for as long as I can remember and has always made sound conservative financial decisions. Talk about an ego trip!