In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Rules of Engagement:A Message to the Black Community

Josey1Josey1 Member Posts: 9,598 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in General Discussion
Rules of Engagement:A Message to the Black Communityby J.J. Johnson - Editor & Chief of Sierra Times 09.27.01
In a time when a country calls for unity, there are apparently cracks beginning to show in what was thought to be a solid American Foundation. According to the Associated Press, Afghanistan's ruling Taliban militia has asked Jesse Jackson to lead a "peace delegation" to the region. In Jackson's press conference, he referred to the Taliban as "religious leaders". These two words used by such a man of notoriety in the Black community, if not addressed immediately, could lead to a clear and present danger to the domestic tranquility of this nation.Jackson said he spoke with Secretary of State Colin Powell, who repeated the Bush administration position that it will not negotiate with the Taliban but did not urge Jackson not to go.Well, he should have. According to our Constitution, Jackson traveling there to 'negotiate' with what has already been labeled a hostile regime, and referring to them as 'religious leaders' is the book definition of 'treason' - giving aid and comfort to the enemy.Jackson's comments are just the tip of the iceberg. There have been numerous left-wing Black publications across America giving "the chickens have come home to roost" line, and America simply got what it deserved. In major media, it seems the black community has been silent on the matter of what direction this country should take. Jackson's recent statements (and others) cause me to suspect that as a black man, the black community may be receiving the wrong message - from leaders they never elected. I have heard few people - neither the government, media, nor so-called black leaders themselves - discuss how this coming war may directly affect the black community. The black community should be asking questions. They deserve answers.There is no stopping the coming battle in the Middle East. We are going to war, people. The world watched over 6000 people killed on American soil. That's 10% of the fatalities during the entire War of 1861-1865 wiped out in one day. Since then, many Americans have dropped any prefix from the wordAmerican when describing themselves. We are all Americans. This enemy has proven that he is willing to attack on this soil - indiscriminately. We may in fact face more attacks in the near future. Let me explain how this will affect Blacks - possibly more so than anyone else.Any counter-strikes that would follow on American soil would probably be targeted at major metropolitan areas for a maximum kill ratio, where most blacks reside. The blast from a small, low yield nuclear weapon unleashed in the downtown area would cause immediate destruction. But most blackcommunities would suffer the firestorms to follow. A disruption or attack on utilities would affect urban residents more than anyone else.What's worse: There have been those Americans who have prepared for such contingencies for sometime - although in limited fashion. They relocated to safer areas. They purchased the proper items necessary for survival. To many in the Black Communities, they were labeled as 'racist', anti-Semitic,anti-government, etc. Thus, blacks were shunned away from them - and their message. Today, when Blacks may consider purchasing a gas mask for their own protection, they will probably find themselves shunned away. Not due to skin color, but due to lack of availably.There have been many complaints of 'racial profiling' in the past. Today, it has become common when talking about Middle Eastern residents (although few will admit it). The nation took a painful hit on September 11, 2001, and our sadness has turned to fear and anger. This message is to prevent politicaldisenfranchisement, which is an 'industry' in the Black community, to cause the Black community to fall on the wrong side of American anger.Black American: Now is the time to become unified with America. This means losing any prefix before the word American when describing yourself. The enemy has already removed it for you. Their mission, or "Fatwah" is to kill all Americans - regardless of race. This is not Islam. This was evil. Beware of those among you siding with anyone supporting what happened on September 11, 2001.As in any war, one strategy is to divide and conquer. If not checked, I suspect there could easily be attempts to use persons who feel disenfranchised from this country as a method of causing civil unrest here in the United States. Black America must not let this happen. Beware of those who support what happened in New York and Washington. Beware of those who seek to meet and greet such support. They are not with us - but have their own agenda.Instead, begin to look to outside resources for news and information. Get involved in community policing - keeping your eyes and ears open for warnings of the next attack. As we know, criminals often hide in Black Communities. There is no reason to assume terrorists won't as well. Lastly, prepare yourselves. Do not be led down the wrong path - or led out into the streets for the wrong reason.Any man wishing to reach out to a hostile regime that vows to kill Americans should be discarded without discussion. For such a man does not speak for America. Nor does he, or should he, be allowed to speak for Black People anywhere.

Comments

• Options
    17thfieldartillery17thfieldartillery Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I for one hope Jesse goes to Afghanistan, and he can talk Farrakan and Al Sharpton with him. If they give them half the head ache they give me they will have done something positive for once.
  • Options
    dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    We might get lucky and they [Taliban] will hold them hostage.[This message has been edited by dakotashooter2 (edited 09-27-2001).]
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    While I hope ppl of color will read & heed this writer, I do have to wonder what history books he reads. 6,000 dead represents 10% of the casualties in the Civil War????? Maybe 10% of the blacks killed in the course of that time or 10% of the left-handed . . . 100s of thousands of Americans died, on both sides. Take just about any two of the larger battles and the combined casualties exceeded 60K.
  • Options
    thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ok people; let's use our brains shall we..."There have been many complaints of 'racial profiling' in the past. Today, it has become common when talking about Middle Eastern residents (although few will admit it). The nation took a painful hit on September 11, 2001, and our sadness has turned to fear and anger."If you can profile someone on their race you can profile them on anything. If you can't trust Ahab the Arab, how can I trust Bubba Jo Johnson and his collection of "assault rifles"? You people scream "FOUL!" when the government oversteps your second amendment rights but roll over and give them the other rights (As long as it doesn't effect you), in trade for security. How does that line go again? "This message is to prevent political disenfranchisement, which is an 'industry' in the Black community, to cause the Black community to fall on the wrong side of American anger."America is Black. America is White. America is every color of every race that died to protect it on the battlefield! Only an ignorant, inbred fool would even pause to consider that America stands for white racist *."Get involved in community policing - keeping your eyes and ears open for warnings of the next attack. As we know, criminals often hide in Black Communities. There is no reason to assume terrorists won't as well."Here is some more ignorant babble. This garbage makes me sick. Crime is not a disease breed in Black communities. Crime is a disease of POOR communities. Trailer parks, slums, and government housing are common dens for illegal activity. So much knowledge on this board, and yet it's still over-shadowed by huge deficient of common sense.Miffed Monkey,
    "Mommy said there were no real monsters but there are..."
  • Options
    edharoldedharold Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Right on Monkey! I wish I had said that.
    "They that would give up liberty to obtain safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"Benj. Franklin, 1759
  • Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well said Monkey. (from an old fart)
    So many guns to buy. So little money.
  • Options
    rg666rg666 Member Posts: 395 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well said SuperMonkey. Another thing to remember is that Jesse Jackson is "NOT" the representative of the black community. He represents himself & also happens to be black. All of my black friends & coworkers think he's over stepping his authority and should butt out. Just the same, because I'm white it does'nt mean that any white spiritual or local leader speaks for me either.RG
  • Options
    edited November -1
    rg666,Exactly!!!
  • Options
    Mom MomMom Mom Member Posts: 169 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The religious leaders who advocate death in the name of Allah have asked the religious leader who can't keep his stuff at home to "negotiate." I wonder if he's considering a trip to the Taliban in hopes they will share their 40 virigns with him. You have to admit, there is a bit of ironic humour in all this. Besides, it's really a moot point. Jesse will do what he wants, and Bush will pay lip service while ignoring his stupid butt.
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Josey1: Small problem, 10% of 600,000 is60,000 not 6000.
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Any of you guys aware that J.J.Johnson is a black guy...testified in front of congress a few years ago ??
  • Options
    Diesel DummyDiesel Dummy Member Posts: 193 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We are not "going to war". Nothing is going to be done! Our government is currently working on a "new vocabulary to describe this new war". What "we" are going to do is analyze it, talk & write about it, memorialize it and probably spend a couple billion dollars to help those "poor afghans".
  • Options
    Shootist3006Shootist3006 Member Posts: 4,171
    edited November -1
    'Dummy' is very well named.Monkey - well said
    Quod principi placuit legis habet vigorem.Semper Fidelis
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Highball,Yes I am aware of it which is why I'm skeptical about the article. I see two possibilities...A) Mr. Johnson is not the Author.B) Mr. Johnson is the Author and a predjudice idiot just like I described him.
  • Options
    whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Monkey:I concur and note that your perspicacity is unusual for a youngster, but sadly, I think you're pissing in the wind.Clouder..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Clouder,Story of my life
  • Options
    Free N TXFree N TX Member Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    On one of the news/talk shows this morning (don't rmember which one, just channel surfing for updates on our current situation) one of the hosts noted that the Taliban has denied asking JJ to go to Afganistan for negotiations.You don't think Uncle Jesse would lie to us, do you??? (yes, I am being cynical)Did he really think nobody would find out that he was never invited? I don't think he has ever been invited anywhere! After his wife found out about the love child his mistress had I doubt if he has even been invited into his own bedroom. (hehehehe) What a loser!
  • Options
    Diesel DummyDiesel Dummy Member Posts: 193 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey shootist: everyone's entitled to their opinion. Your feeble attempt to be insulting is almost pathetic, is that the best you can do?You are cordially invited to blow it out your *.
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    I dont care what color you are......You got,maybe a 20% chance of me likin` ya!!
    Will the last reb to leave flarda,please bring the flag?
  • Options
    Patrick OdlePatrick Odle Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey diesel I can't judge you wrong for not being so eager to feed those starving afgans.And why at this point, is this some kind of reward for harboring the terroist that hit America? I suggest you take a poll before you issue a statement that comes dangerously close to the truth. Hey,worked for bubba,and after several he started lying without the bother. Be proud to be an American and pray God there were more. No time to tiptoe or whisper.
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Diesel Dummy--This is a new kind of war and there is a new language being created to describe this type of "war". We are sending our young men and women of the service as a show of force. However, we have no army to fight against. Most of what is going to happen will happen under the cloak of secrecy and will be executed by spec ops. I'm sure CNN is very disappointed.
  • Options
    XracerXracer Member Posts: 1,990
    edited November -1
    Nicely said Monkey.May I remind you all that our armed forces (particularly the ground forces....Army and Marines) are manned by a large percentage of patriotic Black Americans....far in excess of their percentage in the general population.This is no time to be dividing our nation on racial or religious gounds.