In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

The Korean War

muleymuley Member Posts: 1,583 ✭✭
edited July 2002 in General Discussion
Here's an interesting link to events and facts/figures of the Korean War for those who would be interested. Hope all the url's work for you.
muley

http://home.earthlink.net/~woll/Bills-Page.htm

**I love the smell of Hoppes #9 in the morning**

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Was the Korean war:

The first example of the U.S. overextending foreign policy.

Successful?
  • Options
    agloreaglore Member Posts: 6,012
    edited November -1
    That page left out one little tidbit about the Korean Conflict, it is still going on.

AlleninAlaska aglore@gci.net

Free men are not equal and equal men are not free
  • Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Very interisting I am going over it later,thanks.

Rugster
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I had an uncle that received shrapnel in his butt from a mortar while in Korea. He used to tell me of how they came to pick him up in a chopper just like on M*A*S*H. Only, he said when they flew him out that there was only a thin little piece of canvas between him and eternity.
    muley

**I love the smell of Hoppes #9 in the morning**
  • Options
    RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you read nothing else in this website, at least read this.

HARRY S. TRUMAN He chose stalemate over an all out effort to win the Korean War. Was he right?

Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • Options
    agloreaglore Member Posts: 6,012
    edited November -1
    Truman should have let Chesty Puller cross the Yalu River, who knows where the world would be now if he had.

AlleninAlaska aglore@gci.net

Free men are not equal and equal men are not free
  • Options
    XracerXracer Member Posts: 1,990
    edited November -1
    A regimental river crossing into a million-man Chinese Army? Not the best strategy, I think.

McArthur could have, as Chesty requested, allowed him to pull back to a better defensive position.

"We're surrounded....that simplifies our problem. Now we can fire in any direction!".......Col.L.B.Puller

"Retreat, Hell! We're just advancing in another direction!"....Col. L.B. Puller