In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Been away a while ...

M.OpaliskiM.Opaliski Member Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
Test ...

Support your RKBA ... MatthewNRA Life MemberTalk Radio Junkie opaliski@hotmail.com TheFirearmsEnth

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Good day folks, I haven't been around these parts in a while and I see that things here have changed quite a bit. The new format is looking good I must say ...

The reason that I have been away, not so much from the net but from many of the discussion forums that I have been active with in the past is just an overall lack of time.

I am currently a candidate for politcal office here in Delaware. I am running for a seat in the Delaware General Assembly and hope to be successfully elected to the State Senate in District 19. There are 62 legislators in Delaware, 41 in the House and 21 in the Senate. Over the last two general elections, those being in 1998 and 2000, there has been an average of 50% of those seats going uncontested. As per the Delaware Constitution one must be 27 years old to serve as a Senator, I am eligible this year to run and I will not sit back and watch the seat in my district go unopposed again. The seat is currently held by a 30 year Democratic incumbent who is also the Senate Majority Leader. Despite the hill that appears to be in front of me I feel compelled to act so as to restore a bit of common sense to the Delaware Legislature.

I will do my best to keep you posted as the election nears this November.

Support your RKBA ... MatthewNRA Life MemberTalk Radio Junkie opaliski@hotmail.com TheFirearmsEnth
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,635 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good Luck Matthew, I hope you are successful in your quest...
  • Options
    ysacresysacres Member Posts: 294 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ya
    What William81 said + We need pro-gun people in politics, GO GET EM.

A hot barrel, is a warm fuzzy feeling.
  • Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good luck Matt- I was wondering where you were.

Happiness is a warm gun
  • Options
    poolshotpoolshot Member Posts: 548 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good luck to you.
  • Options
    DarkStar11DarkStar11 Member Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good to see you back and good luck!

DarkStar11"Now is the test of the boomerangtossed in the night of redeeming"
  • Options
    njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    Matt, we all missed you buddy!! Hope you had a great birthday.

Is there anything we can do to help in the election? I know people here in NJ who can supply all the voters you need for a price, lol.
    Just kidding, seriously anything else, let us know.

-Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good luck, Matt. I sure hope you win.

PC=BS
  • Options
    varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Matt, We missed you.Best of luck.To bad we cant all vote.

A unarmed man is a subject.A armed man is a citizen.
  • Options
    whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You have the commitment I wish I had. Give it your best Matthew.

Clouder..
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glad you are back. I have to question your judgement in running for political office, but I admire your commitment! Best of luck in your quest, we need pro-gun folks in office.
  • Options
    4000fps4000fps Member Posts: 786 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Matthew, when you are done in Delaware could you come to Illinois ans straighten out this mess?
  • Options
    4000fps4000fps Member Posts: 786 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:
    Hey Matthew, when you are done in Delaware could you come to Illinois and straighten out this mess?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks to all for the positive wishes, they are certainly appreciated.

One comment I must admit leaves me somewhat puzzled ...

You call into question my judgement for doing something that so few would attempt let alone actually succeed at, that is, take the neccessary steps to make a positive and lasting impact on one's state, via the legislature.

Why?

Support your RKBA ... MatthewNRA Life Member opaliski@hotmail.com TheFirearmsEnth
  • Options
    ladrladr Member Posts: 263 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Matt, it is no knock on you, not speaking for the one that said it, I think he is just alluding to the bad rep policticans has gotten over the years.

You just strive to get there and make a difference, thats what counts.

NO GUTS, NO GLORY