In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Any one have an M&P 40 Compact UPDATE

William81William81 Member Posts: 24,668 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2014 in General Discussion
Handled a S&W M&P .40 Compact at a gun shop yesterday. It fit my hand pretty well and had night sites, a Crimson Trace laser, four 10 round mags and two 15 round mags. Case, papers etc. Lightly used.

The deal seemed pretty good, but having never shot one, just wondering if anyone has one or has shot one. I have shot a full size and a .22 version and liked both.

Just looking for opinions.....

Comments

• Options
    Jayhawk2218Jayhawk2218 Member Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have one. Love it.
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the M&P conpact in 9mm and I like it.
  • Options
    tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ..Dyslexia at first saw MP-40! Sorry, never mind.
  • Options
    MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have shot one and loved it..
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ok, I will be the lone hater. I have one and it bites my hand and is very hard to shoot.my friend Paul teaches at the police academy and is very proficiant with a handgun. He also also agreed it was uncomfortable to shoot. I am selling mine and buying something else.I have zero accuracy with mine at 15 yards and I shoot in a pistol league, so I know it is not me.
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,668 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like I might like to rent one before I buy one....just in case
  • Options
    Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by William81
    Sounds like I might like to rent one before I buy one....just in case

If you have that option, I would suggest doing so. The .40 can get fairly "snappy" in a compact pistol, so comfort is huge in my opinion. Make sure you try it with the pinky extension on the mags if you can. Them make a big difference sometimes. I know they do with my Glock 27 anyways.

Jon
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would put the M&P compact in the same category as the Glock23. I bet the Shield has a bit of snap to it chambered in 40S&W
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,549 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try before you buy.

Shot that M&P Shield a month or 2 ago. Can't say I'm a fan of the trigger. Just feels weird to me. Could be my Glock bias though.
  • Options
    bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    I have shot one.
    A friend brought it to the range. He was very proud of it.

I didn't care for it at all.

The whole platform just doesn't do it for me. I didn't care for the feel, the grip or the trigger. I'd recommend shooting it first.
    If it weren't so butt ugly, I'd recommend the XD over the M&P. Heresy, I know. But my thoughts.