In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Wish I still had......

peabopeabo Member Posts: 3,098
edited July 2005 in General Discussion
What firearms do you wish you had never sold, or could get back. Now, lets not list them all, as I was tempted to do.
For me....
1..Winchester low-wall thin side in 22short first year of production. Bought at a garage sale for $20.
2..S&W single shot 22. s/n 7xx first year of production. Neighbor was using it with rat shot to shoot snakes!!
3..Colt 1902 military 98% mfg. before 1909
4..S&W 32 double action(top break) 3rd model, nickel, UNFIRED!! Belonged to a jeweler who never had to use it.
5..Colt SAA mfg 1903 45lc 4 3/4 in bbl. good shooter too.
6..Colt pocket positive, unfired. Was given to a Mich. police officer upon retiring.

If I knew then what I know now......

Believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see !!
NRA Life Member

Comments

• Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    Valmet: 12 ga.over .223! here Turkey,Turkey,Turkey!
  • Options
    stevegsteveg Member Posts: 845 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i had a mossberg 12gag pump wish i still had it killed alot of dove and squril with it
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    1941 Johnson with bipod as used by the USMC.

wings2.gif
    Stolen from, and with thanks, to Kiwibird
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Too many to list
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Too many to list

yep same here
  • Options
    ginmasterginmaster Member Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd rather not talk about it.[:(]

Stay Alert! Stay Alive. Good luck out there.
  • Options
    ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've still got them all.[:D]

Eagle_Guns.gif
    standard.jpg
    standard.jpg
    When a worm wants to relax,does he go fishing?  "And remember a wet dog doesn't fly at night"  "My memory's not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be."   ATF,Eagle Guns
  • Options
    OklahomaboundOklahomabound Member Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ...no regrets, haven't sold any. Just buy more gun safes.

976371019-1.jpg "Know the true value of time; snatch, seize, and enjoy every moment of it." Lord Chesterfield
  • Options
    dolfandolfan Member Posts: 4,159
    edited November -1
    Sold many through out the years, the one I now regret was my very first firearm, a Winchester .22magnum lever rifle. Bought it NIB in '79, when I turned 18 during my senior year of highschool.

Like they say, you never forget your first time.
  • Options
    peabopeabo Member Posts: 3,098
    edited November -1
    Oklahomabound, you are aware that Alabama does not allow any guns to leave the state aren't you? If you are oklahomabound, you may have to leave them there, just let me know where you left them and I will pick them up on my way home for the Thanksgiving Holidays in North Alabama. I promise I'll take good care of them.[:D][:D][:D]

Believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see !!
    NRA Life Member
  • Options
    kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    I sold a few, but nothing irreplacible or sentimental

Love them Beavers
    info_EB.gif
  • Options
    searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    I pretty much regret every gun I ever sold or traded. Kinda like the
    T.G. Shepard song, " I loved them every one" . No really good reason for it, but the gun I most regret selling was a 3" Charter Arms .44 Special Bulldog. Just liked it, I guess. Needed to pay for one or the other babies.

Just call me "Griffin"

Proud member of the NRA

When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion.
    Abraham Lincoln

If I had only known, I would have been a locksmith.
    Albert Einstein
  • Options
    nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Only ever traded one gun: a winchester 1200 pump for a Mossberg 500. Pretty straight up but sometimes I still wish I kept the Mossberg. Barring an exceptionally good offer or dire circumstances I don't plan on ever selling or trading another gun, just buying them.

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you."
  • Options
    RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Savage 30-30 Pump

sniper1.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    [img]http://www.ice.gov/graphics/index.htm Report Suspected Violations of Immigration Laws, Call: 1-866-DHS-2-ICE.[/img]
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • Options
    RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1
    Colt Trooper Mk III--first revolver I ever bought.
  • Options
    SnellstromSnellstrom Member Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've bought and sold lots of guns but I only have regrets about one that I sold, was my first gun that I bought and paid for with my own money, Mossberg bolt action .410. Yeah I know not much of a gun but it was my first and I shoulda kept it. Another gun I really miss a lot was a Colt 1911 series 70 with a trigger and slide job done on it that I bought oh so cheap and it was stolen from me with about $1500 worth of other goodies.[V]
  • Options
    jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    Only three handguns, and one shotgun, but I do wish I used more common sense before buying a couple lemons.

Gotta live and learn.

One thing I learned:
    When a good/fair deal comes up for something you like, which is hard to get, and you were just about to buy a current model you've been saving up for, put off the current model purchase. The older "gems" [gems to you and a few others] are only going to get harder to find.
    [ unless a few dozen states ban guns altogether, and their misfortune floods the market to our benefit. [V]
  • Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I "traded up" from a Super Blackhawk to a 629. Kinda wish I'd just bought the S&W outright.

22-410 o/u sold because I needed the money.

A really old S&W .32 that was out of time. I didn't know what I had when sold it. The serial number was inside the grip rather than on the butt.

avitar.jpg
    Semper Fi

Remember Ruby Ridge.

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

Not a member at the auction? Join Gunbroker at this link!
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • Options
    BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    I don't remember the Model #,but it was a Savage .22Hornet bolt action.Nothin' special about it,but it was such a sweet shooter.
    I'm sure I replaced it w/somthin' I thought I wanted more,but I sure wish I'da kept it.[:(]

BW

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
  • Options
    PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    I want the 20 that were stolen from me in 1979. The ones I really miss from that group are a no.1 Ruger heavy barrel in 22-250, S&W centenial model 40, and a P9S Target 45 H&K.
  • Options
    jdyerjdyer Member Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dan Wesson 357 Pistol Pack new in '81

Rem 788 7mm-08 Carbine new in '81

Both have increased 300% to 400% in value over the years.

Screw Allah & Have a Great Day!
    faces.jpg
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,666 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are three occasions in my life that caused me to sell firearms.

The first was getting married and starting graduate school in the summer of 1981. I sold two Colt Single action revolvers to pay my tuition.

My down payment for the first house we purchased came from selling a number of my firearms. None of those were anything special.

When my wife became ill a few years back, a few more went to take care of the bills. I hope to replace a couple of them in the future.

Guns only have two enemies: Rust and Liberals....