In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sometimes You Just Have To Shake Your Head

dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
edited June 2018 in General Discussion
My mind is a 1000 miles away today when i was cutting grass. It has been raining in my yard right much and it will wash up rocks.

I was cutting right beside the tree line and hit a rock which bounced off the tree and then hit me on the side of my head.

My riding mower can throw a rock. LOL

Comments

• Options
    Wild TurkeyWild Turkey Member Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glad nothing important/delicate was hit[:D]

(Hope there was no damage to noggin or mower!)
  • Options
    dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The rock was *. LOL [:)]
  • Options
    Missouri Mule K30Missouri Mule K30 Member Posts: 2,092 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ummm Did you see Stars.
    At least it did not hit you between the eyes.

After the rain today I decided to cut some grass. The tree line always has some low branches but being wet not only lowers them more but dodging becomes sort of a sport. Caught one in the chest and could not get by, and over I went, hit the ground. Wet and hurt, picked myself up and decide that I will avoid the tree line the rest of the day.[B)][xx(][:o)]
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Last summer I shattered the back glass of my work car mowing my grass....that was a $450 error. Now I make sure my car is positioned elsewhere while I mow, and pay attention to which direction the chute is pointed!
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Are you certain it was a rock?
    Might've been that pair of glasses 84Bravo lost.....
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have 2 Golden Retrievers who love nothing more than fetching tennis balls. Well they are all over the field and when I mow I take a chuckit with me to pick them up.

When I hit one they go flying[:D] Of course my dogs are out when I am Mowing so to them the JD Lx178 is just a big tennis ball launcher[;)]

Lucky it hit your head Dave it could have done serious damage if it had something else[:D]
    RLTW

• Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,596 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am glad to hear the damage was minimal....bet it got your attention !!!
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,596 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am glad to hear the damage was minimal....bet it got your attention !!!