In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Working Vacation

William81William81 Member Posts: 24,635 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2007 in General Discussion
I am sitting here in Wisconsin at my boss' cabin on a lake. It is 80 degrees out, the Northern and Walleyes are hitting according to a local. He has a dish and high speed wireless internet to boot.

We have to rewrite job discriptions, performance evals and plan the
overhaul of our office computer network and other smaller projects.

I think it is going to be a great couple of days.

Comments

• Options
    spryorspryor Member Posts: 9,155
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by William81
    I am sitting here ...

I think it is going to be a great couple of days.
    Sounds lke it should be.[:)][:)][:)]
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When are YOU going to get to find out if the Northerns and Walletes are hitting?
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fish early mornings then work till late afternoon then fish the evenings. It's not that hard and if ya don't get done tell them to go F(fishing) themselves.[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    We have a few agenda items for first thing tomorrow, so I hope to hit it tomorrow early afternoon...
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by William81
    We have a few agenda items for first thing tomorrow, so I hope to hit it tomorrow early afternoon...

Tell them it can wait or just get up before everyone else and go fishing. Come back later and say ok you guys take a break, I'll take it from here.[8D] After you clean the fish and get them on ice.
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,976 ******
    edited November -1
    "the Northern and Walleyes are hitting"... JUST BE AWARE THE FISHING SEASON DOESN'T OPEN 'TILL NEXT WEEK END[}:)]
  • Options
    zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    ... I've been on an extended seven year working (sometimes) vacation.

... my only regret is, that I couldn't have started out this way[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Had a great time, got most of the work completed we needed to do.
    Big storm went though yesterday a.m. It dropped nickel size hail on my new truck, luckily no damage...

It shut the fishing off so we ended up out playing pool and goofing off at a local dive.

This a.m. I caught a couple of Northerns...the biggest was 26"

Hey Mike, I asked at the bait store where I bought a licence and the clerk said it was ok to fish....Was she wrong ???? There were lots of people out in their boats fishing all around the lake and I saw at least one DNR truck.