In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

For the VERY Advanced Colt Collector

Comments

• Options
    M1A762M1A762 Member Posts: 3,426
    edited November -1
    That would make a nice carry piece![:D]
  • Options
    HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
  • Options
    gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not for me.
    For that kind of money, a guy could buy a real special Single Action Army or a very rare and desirable Winchester maybe even both.[;)]
  • Options
    roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,137 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    whoa... shooter for sure!~
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • Options
    NOAHNOAH Member Posts: 9,690
    edited November -1
    that would be my carry piece[:0]my pickup gun,my throw away piece too[;)]

[:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    jwhardingjwharding Member Posts: 2,897 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bug out gun
    JW
  • Options
    USN_AirdaleUSN_Airdale Member Posts: 2,987
    edited November -1
    buy now for $30,000.00

i think some one has lost a few brain cells !!!
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,063 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NOAH
    that would be my carry piece[:0]my pickup gun,my throw away piece too[;)]

[:D][:D][:D][:D]
    [:D][:D]
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Manufactured 2004... Yeah nine years has definitely multiplied it's value ~100 fold...
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...I'm not sure about the "re-worked" part, as far as I know, Carol Wilkerson & her late husband Don were not the Lew Horton types but authors of several fine Colt Single Action books & had/have one heck of a Colt collection.
    I guess maybe the seller is playing off the gun was or is in their collection maybe.

Carol Wilkerson was one of the founders of the Elizebaeth Colt Legacy Foundation along with Kathy Hoyt.

Kathy Hoyt was a Colt Historian, author and employed by Colt in their archive/historical department for many many years.

If you have an older Colt Letter for any of the 1st generation/early Colts, she probably was the person who signed it.

Hoyt was a genius on early Colts, few people had the historical knowledge she had...she was a very nice lady, uber proud of Colts history, very active in the CCA & had a bear trap mind chocked full of Colt knowledge.

Most of the sought after quality Colt books would not have happened w/o her input, collaberation with their authors.

Heck, I'd consider a Colt to have more historical/collectors value added if it had been in Hoyts collection myself.

She retired from Colt in 2011 IRC, and passed away in 2012, along with her passing, past a VAST knowledge of early Colts, she is missed in the Colt collectors community...[;)]
  • Options
    JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What ticked me was the part of us postal money orders. You would have to walk into a post office with $30k cash and with a straight face say I need 30 $1k money orders please.

I'd like to see that go down....
  • Options
    MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D]
    quote:Originally posted by JnRockwall
    What ticked me was the part of us postal money orders. You would have to walk into a post office with $30k cash and with a straight face say I need 30 $1k money orders please.

• Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JnRockwall

I don't really think he / she really wants to sell it... But, to appease who ever 'suggested' it be sold...
    He / She placed it on GB with a "Reasonable" beginning value... You know... So that it will surely 'sell'... [;)]

Hint... Hint...
  • Options
    kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,367 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Advanced?.......or retarded!
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think I see some wear on the string holding the tag.
  • Options
    gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    While very nice, I would still say no EVEN if it was blue.

.357 in a 3" barrel is just silly. There are much better calibers suited to the short barrel guns...IMHO.

[;)]
    It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
    edited November -1
    Is there a stash of gold under the grips?
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Riomouse911Riomouse911 Member Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow. 30k? That makes me feel better about the 3" M-13 S&W I bought last year for 450 bucks.
  • Options
    DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe the 3" Python is very rare (if original). I say that because Colt sold a couple hundred 3" barrels to Numrich when the Python was dropped from the line so many 3" Pythons are not original. I have heard a few hundred were made in blue, no idea about production numbers on stainless. A genuine 3" Python is worth a lot of money to serious collectors. I think $30K is ridiculous. But he can offer it.
    ....................................................................................................
    Too old to live...too young to die...
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,645 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cool, now I can have a matched pair