In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Taurus M-85 update.

PupPup Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
Shot a couple of different loads in the gun today at a 50 ft indoor range. First was Win. 125 grn JHP +P ammo. It shot a decent group, but was 2 1/2" low and 1 1/4" to the left of POA. The next load was a homemade of 158 grn LSWC over 3 grns of Bullseye, kind of a mild target/practice round. It shot 2" to the left of POA, but was just right for elevation. Here's my question....Why would a heavier bullet traveling at less velocity print 2 1/2" higher than a lighter one at greater speed? Would the frictional difference between lead and a jacketed bullet be the reason, even through that short of a barrel (2 inch)?
I'm going to put another 500 rounds through it or so, and if it's still tight and groups well I may file a bit off the right side of the front site to bring the POI a little closer to the POA, at least for the windage part of it. Even with the +P loads, it was still nice to shoot, the rubber grips doing a very good job of aiding control and comfort.

Politicians, like diapers, should be changed often and for the same reason.

Comments

• Options
    sealyonsealyon Member Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Recoil from the shot has already started lifting the barrel before the bullet has cleared the muzzle. Heavier bullet= heavier recoil= increased muzzle lift= higher point of impact............