In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Lever Action 454 Casull

sig-mansig-man Member Posts: 591 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
Maybe you gun gurus can help me, I notice that alot of Marlins are wildcatted to monster calibers. Could one take a 45 long colt Marlin 1894 and have the chamber reamed to accomidate the 454 casull? I would love to have a lever gun to take the same round as my Super Redhawk, Thanks for any input...

Comments

• Options
    gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    sig-man: you may want to check with Marlin to see if they are going to be cambering this round in their rifles as I have read that they are going to be doing the 480 Ruger so maybe they are planning on the 454 also. Something else to think about is that the 454 operates at a lot higher pressure than a 45LC or the 44 mag so the 1894 rifle may not be strong enough to handle it, but you are right it would make a great gun!!!!
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I was at the NRA convention last year I was told by one exibitor that they would be making one very soon. I think it was Navy Arms but I'm not sure. This is one of the questions that is on the top of the list I am looking for next month at Reno. This time I will make a note of any replys.
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow. I thought I was the only one looking for .454 in a lever gun.
  • Options
    sealyonsealyon Member Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I contacted Marlin myself to see if there was any plans on making a 454 lever gun. I was told there was not and that "in their opinion" it would be dangerous to try to build on on any of their actions. Keep hearing rumors that someone is coming out with one but can never find anyone to confirm it.