In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

3-gun match/Tactical

Marshal ThunderMarshal Thunder Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
edited January 2002 in General Discussion
I posted this on Ask the expert but got no answer. Maybe this is the right place to post the question...Marshal ThunderMember posted 01-04-2002 08:03 PM ----My friends and I are interested in competing in tactical 3-gun matches. We don't want to spend a fortune on equipment.What are some good solid choices, good values, in semi-automatic 9mm, and 12 ga shotguns (either pump or semi)...We think we are going to go with Rugers and/or Mossbergs, but would like to hear what the "experts" think...

Comments

• Options
    Evil ATFEvil ATF Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Handguns are a barrel of monkeys, so I'll skip right down to shotguns. If it has to be semi-auto, then get the Benelli M1 Tactial, hands down.If you're even remotely considering a pump-action, get the Remington 870 Police Model and don't look back.
  • Options
    Mr. LoboMr. Lobo Member Posts: 538 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Evil ATF has the right shotgun. I have been told that the Glock 40 cal is the pistol to get. It holds ample rounds and is indestructible. In these shoots there is more points awarded to the 40 cal for hits than the 9mm. This makes the 40 cal a better choice. I don't know the details yet but I am going to some classes soon on this sport.
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh no, he said the Glock is indestructible. Grab them stirring spoons boys!Honestly, I'm waiting for 13fister to reply to this one. He has competed in several of these and I'm sure he has some great info on it. Where's the PVM when you need it?
  • Options
    shari71shari71 Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The 9mm gets just as many points as the .40 untill you miss, I use a Glock 17, a Rem, 1100 and a AR-15 in .223. You can't beat the Glock or the AR, Semi shotguns are faster(When They Work), so the pump is more reliable. If I was trying to do it as cheaply as possible, I would pick a Taurus PT-99,(Extra clips are cheap)with a Fobus or Uncle Mikes Kydex holster and mag pouch, A Maverick Arms pump shotgun(Mossberg stuff will fit it) and Oly "Plinker" AR.Hope this helps, Have fun!!You know, I bet if you only a pistol someone might let you borrow a shotgun and a rifle for your first shoot or so.
  • Options
    shari71shari71 Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The 9mm gets just as many points as the .40 untill you miss, I use a Glock 17, a Rem, 1100 and a AR-15 in .223. You can't beat the Glock or the AR, Semi shotguns are faster(When They Work), so the pump is more reliable. If I was trying to do it as cheaply as possible, I would pick a Taurus PT-99,(Extra clips are cheap)with a Fobus or Uncle Mikes Kydex holster and mag pouch, A Maverick Arms pump shotgun(Mossberg stuff will fit it) and Oly "Plinker" AR.Hope this helps, Have fun!!You know, I bet if you only a pistol someone might let you borrow a shotgun and a rifle for your first shoot or so.