In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

TREKKING IN THE USA

wallmanwallman Member Posts: 156 ✭✭✭
edited January 2002 in General Discussion
Hey guys!Long time since I posted anything on this board, has anyone heard from polishshooter lately?Anyway, I'm thinking of getting my * on the plane and flying over the ocean from here (Sweden) and doing some seroius trekking.Got a catalogue from Swanson's and their "adventure" trips.I want to see the great outdoors your fine country has to offer, but I don't know where to start exploring, should I visit a National Park and follow the predesignated trails or go about my own way?I don't want to rent a car if not absolutely neccesary!Do you guys have any ideas of where I can go explore?Any tips appreciated!By the way, does anyone know where I can hunt some turkey for a bargain price? In season of course!Catch you guys later!**Chris

Comments

• Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ooops! trying to edit and accidently deleted...I'll try again...
  • Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wallman if you are talking about hiking you might consider the Appalachian Trail.It's very long and would take you a few months, but the country is beautiful and you are sure to meet some wonderful people.
  • Options
    .250Savage.250Savage Member Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you get out to the left coast, I definitely recommend Yosemite, or in the Northwest, Yellowstone. And yeah, stay on marked trails. They tend to freak about that sort of stuff, for good reason. It tends to add to the erosion.
  • Options
    polishshooterpolishshooter Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Wallman! Long time no hear!Are you done with your Army service yet?Do you still have the same e-mail? I'll drop you a line...I've been busy elsewhere...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey Polish!Only 3 months left!!!I got the same E-mail!Looking forward to hearing from you!//Chris
  • Options
    BoomerangBoomerang Member Posts: 4,513
    edited November -1
    What kind of hiking do you prefer? Forest or desert; cold weather/hot weather; flat or mountainous? Makes a big difference in the part of the country you are going to, and the kind of gear you are taking. What about length of trek? 5 day, 5 week, or 5 month trek. Boomer
    Protect our Constitutional Rights.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hi Boomer!My trek will be the opposite of what I can see and do in Sweden, so I'm thinking high mountains, stunning sceanery and big unexploided woods! I don't know the area other that I have seen on pictures, Yosemite, Yellowstone and so on. And since my US Relatives live in "uptown" Detroit and do not like the outdoors I must find a person telling me where I should go and what to see (Park guide)!I'm 20, physicly fit and have experience in solitary Treeks, so I can take care of my self if not eaten by a curious black bear.While I'm online, I'm looking for employment in the US as I do not want to work in a Icecream factory in Detroit.Currently serving as an Forward Observer/Artillery designator in the Swedish Army (3 months left)Prior experience from Beretta Sweden gunstore, some CNC/CAM+manual machines.As this isn't getajob.com I'll think that's enough info!Can you help me with my trek and/or employement?Thanks in advance,Crp. Christian L. Wallmanchristian.wallman@telia.com