In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

To Worry.....Or Not To Worry

218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
edited December 2001 in General Discussion
This very night,one of our fine members posted that he was worried about me..I had not posted all day.It is very nice to be liked,and for someone to notice your absence,even if it is only for a few hour while you are working!Sometimes I wonder about people who stop posting suddenly,not to be heard from again.Sometimes I even worry a little..like something bad happened to them,or maybe just computer trouble.Then it comes to me...MAYBE THEY GOT A LIFE!How would you know?For example,my wife doesn`t know how to locate this site,you know,to inform my friends here,if anything ever happened to me...she barely knows my username..only a few months ago,she looked over my shoulder,at a post I was reading,and says to me "Are you Saxon Pig"?Is there anyone you have been wondering about?..Someone that just isn`t here any more?.218 the....

Comments

• Options
    OtomanOtoman Member Posts: 554
    edited November -1
    Good Post BEE, Glad to See that you're "Bored Again" I may show the wife how to use this site incase something ever happens to me. I am in that high risk group 56 years old, smoke, overweight, diabetes need to work on this stuff. Now if I ever decide to leave for any reason other than to go home to be with the Lord then I will post a big "ADDIOS" To you all.Your new pal Auto
  • Options
    turboturbo Member Posts: 820 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Bee,I know exactly what your saying.The only reason I ve been around the board, here, and at other places is I've been laid up with a laminectomy (C3thruC7) in August followed by two disc removals in the lower back, the end of September, I'am recovering ok, but, still have residual nerve problems in my rt. shoulder, that radiate down to me elbow, and hand. My lower back is still very weak, but i'm progressing never the less.I was hoping to be back to work by end of this month, but not so, it'will be another 2 months before, I see my neurologist again.Anyhow, I was wondering about Homer J Simpson the other day, not sure if I got the middle initial right, as I hadn't seen his sign name for awhile, but then I saw it a couple of days ago, and figured out he was probably busy, or hadn't been posting.Then when you said , "maybe they got a life" , it dawned on me, and stirred me to right this post.It's easy to get caught up in the heat of the spirit of the moment, and not appreaciate each other, and thereby have an opportunity to, say to each other how much we appreaciate being priviliged to meet in a place like here. We may never meet each other but, there is one thing that really binds us together, and that is love of country, and proud to be Americans.In spite of how much we despise the enemy,we feel for the people that are held captive in their own countries around the world, we can be thankful, that we have the best place on this globe, to call HOME.Even thou we've had our disagreements on some of the subjects, it's been fun.I've enjoyed; Your, locquaciousness Danos, pot stirring, Salzos, chain pullin Nunns, Jokes And a few others, whose names I cannot remember now, but would recognize in a flash.All n all, seems like a nice bunch, of opinionated fellows, and old fellows at that, from the look of the birthdays, and a few swell young dudes. It would be interesting to know, who is the oldest geezer is?I've got my own idea who it might be.Happy New Year toyou, and all, Turbo[This message has been edited by turbo (edited 12-29-2001).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Turbo&Auto..pretty cool ,huh?Now,I would never have known that you two guys had these health issues,..I truly hope all these things work out for you guys..you are both swell chaps!About Homer J Simpson..I was wondering about him,and saw a post as you did I`ts funny..ya come here to exgange some ideas,about guns,or something,on the net..nothing personal about that..then ya start liking people..even the ones ya disagree with..look what happened with me and Mom Mom Bee
  • Options
    pops401pops401 Member Posts: 616 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK TURBOLike OTOMAN, I'm also 56 (MAY)Us geezers is mostly good folk, different upbringin than now.HEY BEE, still waiting for that e-mail pops
  • Options
    COWBOYKIDDCOWBOYKIDD Member Posts: 239
    edited November -1
    Pops..OLD GEEZER 56 May Thanks bud here I was still thinking I was A stud,,,, What a bummer to find out Im about as old as you and am probably a geeezzer too Your not kidding anyone. when you open and hold that door open for that fine skirt.. you get the same satisfaction that all geezers get,, A pretty smile and a memory of what kinda trouble you could get into..
    Politicians Love Gun Control / China Has Gun Control
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I remember a few spirited encounters with some that have faded away...but the one I miss for pure intellectual debate was Andrew Adams...quite mature for his years. Then there is the other end of the spectrum...arkresearch.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Holding the door open for the front end is the best way I know of to get a good long look at the back end!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Have heart guys they tell me that a geezer is one generation older than yourself. So it will be 2 more generations before we are geezers. Now about that door opening, some of these younger gals take offence at it. I took a younger lady Purchasing Agent out to Lunch once and when I went to get the door for her she Said "Thank you but I can get that myself" in a nice but firm way. What are we to do? Maybe we need to ask in advance "May I get that door for you" Auto
    KIMBER: Pistol du jour
  • Options
    edited November -1
    .218I had the PLEASURE of meeting Totch in the 70's when I was skiddn' cypress out near Everglades City. One of the smartest and most outspokenly honest men I have ever met.You got some lineage to be proud of.
  • Options
    turboturbo Member Posts: 820 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pops,Now I can see, I am hanging around a lot of WWII baby boomers.About six more years at it'll be the easy chair for most, heh..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    BABY BOOMERS ARE POST WAR. I WAS BORN MAY 7, 1945. THE DAY BEFORE THE WAR ENDED.WHAT DO YOU MEAN SIX MORE YEARS? WHAT THE H#LL DO YOU THINK I'M SITTIN ON NOW?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    pops,I sent you and varmit hunter E-mails..I guess I` ll have to try you again.Yeah,he was my dads younger brother,didn`t kill anywhere neer as many gators ,or anything else,as my dad did..still a unique guy though.Did you know he was in a movie back in the 50s?..'Winds Across The Everglades',with Burl Ives,Gypsy Rose lee,Christopher plummer,Peter Faulk,Emmit Kelly(the famous clown),and others.He played guitar and sang a couple of his songs.Oh yeah,he wrote the theme song to the movie 'Gone Fishin'.218[This message has been edited by 218Beekeep (edited 12-30-2001).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey ole Bee I checked out those Webb Sites and will be reading your uncles books as soon as I finish those other 3, I think I already told you that. How come you never posted on the "Site User Survey" I am trying to figure out how old you are and if you have any Seminole Indian Blood in you, In one of the pictures of your uncle it looks like he does?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    GREAT MOVIE, BUT NO I DIDN'T KNOW HE WAS IN IT. WE BROUGHT MILLIONS OF BOARD FEET OF CYPRESS OUT OF THE SWAMPS (under contract). MOST NEAR THE END OF THE ALLEY. HE WAS AROUND ALOT, SO WE DID SPEND SOME TIME.HAD A VOCABULARY OF HIS OWN. NICE GUY.pops
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    What ever happend to metz?
    Save, research, then buy the best.Join the NRA, NOW!Teach them young, teach them safe, teach them forever, but most of all, teach them to VOTE!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    White male-41.218
  • Options
    BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
    edited November -1
    My age being what it is, I hope to continue posting here for as long as the board still exists.Regardless of whether or not I "get a life" and have my already limited free time squelched completely, as long as I am still interested in shooting, I will still find time to post here, simply because I find the people fascinating and the conversations very informative.I'm not sure which order to put those two in. Let's call 'em equal :-)
  • Options
    Ms. BeastMs. Beast Member Posts: 496 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Metz is still kicking! Homer J. is still kicking! They must be busy with work. If your family doesn't know how to get to the board here, they should send out an email. We got a email informing us of JohnnyYuma's passing from his wife, very sad day in the Beast house. For those that remember JohnnyYuma, his wife is doing fine. She had chemo and is doing fine at this time. We still keep in touch with her through this wonderful computer!