In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

How'd you find Gunbroker.com?

competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭
edited February 2002 in General Discussion
(Admin might want to pay attention to this post.)Both the auction (although I don't buy much) and this forum have become my favorite sites. I was thinking the other day, that it was an ad in Shotgun News that brought me to the auction site and subsequently the forums.How did the rest of you find your way here?

Comments

• RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Saw an ad in a magazine about a year ago...now I'm hopelessly hooked....
  • concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I did a search for online gun auctions (on Yahoo.com) when looking to purchase a used pistol in the spring of 2001. Been hooked ever since...
    Gun Control Disarms Victims, NOT Criminals
  • 7mm_ultra_mag_is_king7mm_ultra_mag_is_king Member Posts: 676 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A seller on EBAY told me about it when I was buying reloading equip off of it, I asked why no guns and he pointed me here.
    when all else fails........................
  • 22WRF22WRF Member Posts: 3,385
    edited November -1
    Good ole "Google"
    I Refuse to be a VictimGrumpy old man
  • GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One of my buddies found it.
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,058 ******
    edited November -1
    A friend sent me the link.
    Certified SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of the General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com, the premier gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net Jesus is Lord!
  • Gordian BladeGordian Blade Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Someone on Free Republic recommended it.
  • thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I came up with the idea for online auctions, but Ebayr stole it from me, and Gun Brokerc stole it from them, and that's how I found it!
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hotbot search. I believe I was using the terms 'auction' and 'ammunition.' This was close to three years ago.
  • hunter280manhunter280man Member Posts: 705
    edited November -1
    My hunting partners father set me on the path of "redemption". He figured it would be something to pass-time while layed-off this winter.
    The older I get, The better I was!!!
  • niklasalniklasal Member Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I found it by dumb luck. My friends and I were trying to figure out what gun to buy next and one just typed in "www.gunsandammo.com" and the story begins.
    NIKLASAL@hotmail.com
  • moparmopar Member Posts: 338 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nunn told me about it,and now I'm addicted!
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A chain of events:I ordered some stickers and plate frames from the NRA and almost instantly received a CheaperThanDirt catalog with their web address. I looked them up on the net. At that point I believe I clicked on an exchange banner for Gunbroker and found the auction site. At least, that's my best memory of the series of coincidences.I was gratified to see Gunbroker operated very similar to that certain other popular auction site that won't sell guns. It looked very professional, which kept my interest long enough to explore. Needless to say I was pleased to stumble onto this. I have bought my first gun, cutting through the FFL red tape to achieve a completed transaction.
    "The 2nd Amendment is about defense, not hunting. Long live the gun shows, and reasonable access to FFLs. Join the NRA -- I'm a Life Member."
  • SXSMANSXSMAN Member Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Search engine.Dano,you need a new spoon,think you wore this one out.
  • jdb123jdb123 Member Posts: 471 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bill clinton told me about it.......................no wait it was someone else.....hum.
  • TRIGGERSGHOSTTRIGGERSGHOST Member Posts: 59 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sold a pair of stag grips for a Ruger NM Blackhawk to a fellow on Ebay.He later told Me I should have sold them on the Gun Broker auction site.Said I would have gotten alot more for them.Dead Horse Walking
    Remember everybody looks good 5 minutes before the bar closes.
    edited November -1
    Sold a pair of stag grips for a Ruger NM Blackhawk to a fellow on Ebay.He later told Me I should have sold them on the Gun Broker auction site.Said I would have gotten alot more for them.Dead Horse Walking
    edited November -1
  • 218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    Gunshop owner told me about the auction site.Then I checked out general Discussion..saw names like Saxon Pig,Timberbeast.I was impressed by the intelligence of these guys who chose such big tough names for themselves...and how much fun they were having..I have been learning from these guys,and many others ever since. .218
  • Matt45Matt45 Member Posts: 3,185
    edited November -1
    Either it's "I invented the internet!" or I heard about it by word of mouth. One or the other..........
    Reserving my Right to Arm Bears!!!!
  • Evil ATFEvil ATF Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was working a personal protection detail and my buddy and I were on our break. He started talking about "this site" that he had gotten on where you could BID ONLINE for guns!I said "No way, man! Really?"He said "Yup, check it out. It rules. It's called GunBroker.Com"Didn't take me long to find the Discussion Forums!
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 25,185 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It was by accident. I had just hooked up to the net just over 2 years ago and started typing different searches and up popped Gunbroker....Glad I found it or it found me.[This message has been edited by William81 (edited 02-06-2002).]
  • twinstwins Member Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I too typed in gunsandammo.com looking for an article I had read in Guns and Ammo.
  • Ms. BeastMs. Beast Member Posts: 496 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I found it by reading over the Beast's shoulder! Pelican gave me my name so I would stop using Timberbeast's and saying it was his wife (me) making the post!
  • Patrick OdlePatrick Odle Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Also Ad. In Shotgun news.
  • PelicanPelican Member Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Teddy Roosevelt told me 'bout it during a seance.
  • RickRick Member Posts: 25 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had only been selling on ebay for about 3 months when they stopped firearms sales. Indeed a sad day. Began using AA and GB when they went up. Have used GB exclusively for about a year now.
    Rick's Gun & Pawn Shop, Inc. Since 1972Loxley, AL & Foley, AL"We buy junk guns and sell quality firearms" ricks2@zebra.net
  • OtomanOtoman Member Posts: 554
    edited November -1
    Typed in gun autions and wala!
  • Captain GunbrokerCaptain Gunbroker Member Posts: 29
    edited November -1
    Was sailin the hi seas for some time when the first mate recaled a harbor where one could find gold, guns and a lil rum.Maybe a few friendly women too. that being said have seen plenty of gold, guns and a few sissy men tabout. with the planked slippery with moss a few should fall for sure.
  • mbrookmbrook Member Posts: 128 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I still haven't found it...what is gunbroker?
  • SUBMARINERSUBMARINER Member Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    LIKE SOME OF THE OTHERS,JUST LOOKING FO GUN STUFF AND TYPED IN GUNSANDAMMO.COM
    SUBMARINE SAILOR,TRUCK DRIVER,NE'ER DO WELL, INSTIGATOR,AND RUSTY WALLACE FAN
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    It came to me in a dream?
  • bem243bem243 Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My best friend and hunting partner, Varmit Hunter, told me about it. Read much more that I post but enjoy it just the same. I don't remember how he found it.
  • pops401pops401 Member Posts: 616 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I clicked on it one Saturday night, and BOOM, there it was...............Monday morning.
  • concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good call Pops!
    Gun Control Disarms Victims, NOT Criminals
  • robsgunsrobsguns Member Posts: 4,581 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was reading my Bible, and in one seldom recited verse it stated,' and on the 8th day God created GunBroker.com', that was when I put my Bible down and discovered it for myself.
    SSgt Ryan E. Roberts, USMC
  • TLynnTLynn Member Posts: 353 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    MsBeast sent me a private message on the History Channel and invited me here. Used to visit a lot but now there are so many places to visit I just try and make sure I check in 3 or 4 times a week.Sure was sorry when they changed Gun Broker to For The Hunt.