In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Conan O'Brian insults the Canadians.

H.S. 10-XH.S. 10-X Member Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2004 in General Discussion
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20040214/tv_nm/leisure_canada_conan_dc_3

You know, he should really be ashamed of himself. Our neighbors to the north are great people, and live in a beautiful country...................

triumph.jpg
FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!!

10x.jpgFort_Smith.gif
"If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know"- Kansas

Comments

• royc38royc38 Member Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Boy the truth hurts don't it. Its all right for them to make up stuff on George W Bush but when someone tells it like it is they want him tarred and feathered.
  • D@DD@D Member Posts: 4,407
    edited November -1
    People just don't have a since of humor these days.
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    I am not sure but does Canada have freedom of speach? maybe Not!

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
  • hawkeye6020hawkeye6020 Member Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I fall to see what was racest about it. unless gays are a race now.

"Life is not a journey to the grave wtih the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body,

But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming

-WOW- WHAT A RIDE!!!!!"
  • H.S. 10-XH.S. 10-X Member Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You would think the Canadians would be able to appreciate a good laugh, some of the best comedians of all time were from Canada.

10x.jpgFort_Smith.gif
  • DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I never much cared for Conan O'Brien...until now.
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Guess the ones in Quebec have as thin skins as their cousins in Paris?

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain) ". . . And DemoCraps" (me)
  • rcrxmike_2rcrxmike_2 Member Posts: 3,275
    edited November -1
    must Be a french thing.....wanna make something of it? We could turn that popsicle into a parking lot....tooot sweet, but the plowing expenses would be horrendous. Grow some skin.....

JOIN PETA! (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS) I didn't climb to the top of the food chain to have a salad and spring water!
  • MaCTMaCT Member Posts: 276 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Rue des Pu***es" That's terrific, where can I find one of those signs? I think it's funny, but maybe because its about the French [:D]

~ Give Blood - Play Hockey ~
  • woodshermitwoodshermit Member Posts: 2,589
    edited November -1
    I saw three of his shows from Canada. His audience seemed to be having a great time. He insulted just about everybody and got a lot of laughs.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    gap1916...
    Yes Canada has freedom of speech...At least when I am there and I want to talk about the prime minister and the fact he had a bj from someone other than his wife I am not bleeped...
    I was when I was on the phone to a person in Alaska in the US military...the phone conversation ended without warning when Clinton was brought up...I received a call later from the person telling me all calls including, yes including their private home line were monitored..
    H.S. 10-X
    And yes Canadians have a wonderful sense of humor...but perhaps some of you should read about the French/English prob there...and learn from it...After all its happening here with Spanish/English...its a very delicate situation with the French/English, almost to the point of civil war...and I see the same thing here only with another race...Maybe take a step down from your lofty perch and see the situation as it really is...

cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    Ah way to go, you guys pissed Beth off again!!!![^]

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

Kids that fish, hunt and trap have never mugged any old ladies!

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
  • Gibbs505Gibbs505 Member Posts: 3,175
    edited November -1
    Don't worry me. Only small people are offended by stupidity like that![}:)]

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BlackRoses

I was when I was on the phone to a person in Alaska in the US military...the phone conversation ended without warning when Clinton was brought up...I received a call later from the person telling me all calls including, yes including their private home line were monitored..

And you believed that?
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The dog went to Hawaii too, and got thrown out of auditions for the next American Idol season. Then he went on local television in the weather man slot and was hilarious. Conan showed the tape last night. The co-anchors were flabbergasted. The woman couldn't stop laughing, and the guy was taking crap from the dog about his hairstyle and couldn't decide whether to be mad or laugh. That was a hilarious bit.

Too bad about the Canada thing, but French-speaking Quebec seems to want to secede from Canada and I hear they hate English-speaking folk up there. I guess they're Frog wannabes.... [;)][:D] Anyway, Conan was bound to be irreverent up there. I'm not a big fan of the guy but I do catch him more often lately while channel surfing and I find him marginally more interesting than the guy on CBS. Weird that the more exotic comic follows Leno and the boy-next-door/sportsman type follows Letterman. It's backward, isn't it?... I don't like Kimmel's show, though. Frankly, the other Man Show guy is funnier than straight guy Kimmel, if more uncouth. Too bad you often have to have uncouth with your funny, ain't it? Whatever happened to the relatively clean ol' days with Pryor and Murphy? [:D]

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
    edited November -1
    quote:Maybe take a step down from your lofty perch and see the situation as it really is...

I think those cheese eating French wannabies need to get off of their little perch and LEARN TO TAKE A JOKE!

10x.jpgFort_Smith.gif
  • Annie-OAnnie-O Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Conan is not partial,.....
    He picks on everyone equally with out regard to race, religion or sexual preference[:D][}:)]

cg1.gif
    edited November -1
    It must be the miracle of the internet that a complete stranger assumes to know when I am angry...WIll miracles ever cease?...

Was also assumed the phone call was not followed by a letter from the commanding officer...Also assumed there was never any meeting of the person and myself, or visitation of the base...

H.S.10-X...
    If you are going to quote me, please use the whole paragraph and not parts of it...
    quote:but perhaps some of you should read about the French/English prob there...and learn from it...After all its happening here with Spanish/English...its a very delicate situation with the French/English, almost to the point of civil war...and I see the same thing here only with another race...Maybe take a step down from your lofty perch and see the situation as it really is...

To explain...the same situation is happening here...there was civil war here once already, it can happen again...it will happen in Canada, anyone with half a brain can see it coming, and it is almost the same situation here with the English and another race...
    There was no malice in what I said...
    I wonder how the Americans would react if the situaton was reversed and someone said what he did only about the Americans?...

cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
    edited November -1
    Entire paragraph orininally quoted by BlackRoses:
    gap1916...
    Yes Canada has freedom of speech...At least when I am there and I want to talk about the prime minister and the fact he had a bj from someone other than his wife I am not bleeped...
    H.S. 10-X
    And yes Canadians have a wonderful sense of humor...but perhaps some of you should read about the French/English prob there...and learn from it...After all its happening here with Spanish/English...its a very delicate situation with the French/English, almost to the point of civil war...and I see the same thing here only with another race...Maybe take a step down from your lofty perch and see the situation as it really is...

I think those cheese eating French wannabies need to get off of their little perch and LEARN TO TAKE A JOKE!

10x.jpgFort_Smith.gif
    edited November -1
    LMAO*...
    Oh by the way H.S...French wannabies?...they are french..including 1/2 of me

cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
  • PinheadPinhead Member Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I really don't see a great deal to get upset about. AS already pointed out, Conan is an equal opportunity insult comic. If this was the first shot he had taken at somebody or some place -maybe-but this is his typical form of humor. Some of the Canadian officals comments were as over the top as anything he had to say. He is not a Chamber of Commerce Spokeman type that whispers sweet nothings in your ear-turn him off or listen-the choice is yours.
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    BR -- That was me, and I'm pretty sure the residents of Quebec are Canadians. [;)]

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
    edited November -1
    No they are not French. Being that they live in a country called Canada that makes them Canadian.

10x.jpgFort_Smith.gif
    edited November -1
    offerer..most wont admit it though....and what I was pointing out is the situation that is so volatile there is happening here....There are lessons to be learned, if only more attention is paid...

cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BlackRoses

Was also assumed the phone call was not followed by a letter from the commanding officer...

Assume you saw this letter? Care to share what it said?
  • Travis HallamTravis Hallam Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That O'Brian guy is a real hoser, Eh?[;)]

Mad Dog
  • MaCTMaCT Member Posts: 276 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I found the complete clip for this if somebody can Host it\want it. It's terrific!![:D]

~ Give Blood - Play Hockey ~
  • Chaser11Chaser11 Member Posts: 251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [xx(] Conan [xx(] I removed him form my watch list after the nite he had michael more on his show, listen to Kilborn instead.He gave michael more air time so he no longer get any of my time. [xx(][|)][V]

American used to Roar like Lions for Liberty- Now they Bleat like Sheep for Security.
    Always Remember Security without Liberty is called PRISON! -
  • BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
    edited November -1
    I find it amusing that BlackRoses can use the term "bj" without compunction, but bigtire's use of the word "see you next tuesday" in reference to Rosie O'Donnell classified him as a revolting sexual pervert and horrible misogynist worthy of an immediate ban (in her eyes).

If you're going to play yourself as a prude, then do it across the board...hypocrite[:(!]

"If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate for an outright ban, picking up all of them, "Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in," I would have." -Sen. Dianne Feinstein

feinstein2.bmp