In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

You know I'm desperate when I quote Rodney King

BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
edited January 2002 in General Discussion
But cant we all just get along?Let me count em down:The major fiasco involving me, which was preceded by a minor fiasco with me, clouder, and nunn, which was preceeded by a spat between clouder and nunn, which was preceded by a continuing fiasco over Dread's inability to type correctly or formulate coherent thought chains.Which brings me to the latest crisis over whether or not robsguns thinks Dread is gay and whether or not redleg is a gay-basher or Nunn is some sort of scoundrel as well as a gay-basher for locking some thread which Dread liked but robsguns didnt like, but.... *drones on*From what I've read it's started to get nasty, and has already gotten personal.We all need to take a chill-pill and concentrate on WHY WE ARE ALL HERE: our mutual interest in firearms. Not to decide or debate over acceptable taste, homosexuality, the meaning of life, or who is, is not, or may or may not be some sort of scoundrel.If I wanted a deep, heavy, gut-wrenching debate that usually ended up with people screaming and throwing things, I'd go to one of my father's Saturday night poker games.So I'll give you a question to keep you occupied while everyone chills out:According to some sources I've read, the supply of foreign AK-47 rifles is going to dry up eventually and only collectors will have them.Should I run out and buy that SAR-1 I've been wanting right now or can I safely wait without fear of the supply trickling shut?

Comments

• Options
    will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
    edited November -1
    Dang, you almost sound like Dano Too! Stir, Stir, Stir.
    Eat healthy, exercise, avoid smoking........Die anyway. will270win@aol.com ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Options
    hyperspacehyperspace Member Posts: 91 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Buy it now, it'll make you a happier person in the immediate future. :-)
  • Options
    varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bullzeye.Take a minute, To listen to the words of the old dog.There are several boards that discuss what I love to do.That is to bring coyotes,With my own calling into to range where I can send them to hell.Preferbly with a red vapor halo.Yet I visit this board four to five times a day.Do not,And I repeatdo not burn one of your youg brain cells trying to figure this place out.All of us togather cant.It is a churnig boiling, calm peacefull place,Of raging tranquility.Do not try and keep a list of what transpires here.It does not transpire, But evolves from many different minds.All of which I have the greatest respect, And admiration for.Do not try to judge this place, nor let this place judge you.Just simply experence it.As far as Ak 47s go .You gonna have to let some body else answer that.I am a bolt gun man.My goal is to have what ever I shoot at never hear a thing.
    A unarmed man is a subject.A armed man is a citizen.[This message has been edited by varmit hunter (edited 01-03-2002).]
  • Options
    .250Savage.250Savage Member Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Aw, varmint, that's the whole point! If ya miss with the first one, ya got thirty more tries! Bullzeye, yeah, don't take it too serial. Some members of this board are just wound a little too tight...If I were you, I would buy that AK variant now. Here in Kalifornication, our masters in Sacremento hath decreed that yon peasants not be suffered to own one. Wish I had bought one before.
  • Options
    Evil ATFEvil ATF Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The supply of AK variants will certainly dry up or get unaffordable very soon.Buy a Romanian SAR-1 today!VIVA LA AK!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How soon is very soon? Next month? Within the year? Within 5 years?
  • Options
    thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bullzeye,There is nothing wrong with intelligent civil debate. Everyone on this board is big enough to take a punch and roll with it. We keep our blows above the waste (no pun intended), or step out of the ring. Life wouldn't have the same flare if everything was agreements and "atta boy"s. As for the Ak-47, you are correct. The supply is slowly, but steadily drying up. I think Aimsurplus is running the best deal on them right now. They also have a good deal on the Hi-Cap WASR's if that tickles your fancy. I'm looking into having a Krinkov built this month. I'm gonna have to talk to the Chief and see if he'll sign for me to get the short barreled version. I'll let you know how it goes.Munkey...[This message has been edited by thesupermonkey (edited 01-03-2002).]
  • Options
    whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bullzeye:Our intrepid moderator and I have never had a spat. We understand each other perfectly.And our conversation was not a fiasco nor have I seen anything like nasty on this board in a long time. Buddy, you don't know the meaning of nasty.Clouder..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I dont care what you think, frankly. Regardless of your age or experience, you've got no respect from me.Does "I wouldnt defecate in the same bathroom as that piece of filth" ring a bell?You have a nice day now
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bullzeye:Not exactly what I said but then some types don't mind the odd misquote if it will rev up the rabble a little. You did get the gist of it though, even without pictures, imagine that.Clouder...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bullzeye:Not exactly what I said but then some types don't mind the odd misquote if it will rev up the rabble a little. You did get the gist of it though, even without pictures, imagine that.And my name isn't frankly.Clouder...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Good for you, Bull. Don't take any crap from rude old men!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Evil:Meaning you will take it from young rude men. I've heard of that somewhere, kinky.Clouder..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Quite disgusting, Clouder.
  • Options
    7mm_ultra_mag_is_king7mm_ultra_mag_is_king Member Posts: 676 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bet salzo and coluder live together. They both seem to have a god complex, you know, holier than though and love to pass judgments. Either that or they have nothing better to do than to sit around and hunt out the imperfections of others and get their jollies by running them into the ground. Clouder you come off as an intelligent person but your childish behavior says different.
  • Options
    .250Savage.250Savage Member Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Man, the bats are flyin' tonight...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Good to have you back, 7mm Once I actually sat down and read your posts, Clouder, it occured to me exactly how much you like reading yourself type. With the gusto and fervor you rip into people, your writing reminds me of a sick combination of Adolph Hitler and Charles Dickens.That is, you basically have no sense of decency or compassion, but you manage to make it nice and flowery and long winded on paper. Plus you have a monstrous ego and love to give speeches.Oh, by the way Mr. Adolph Dickens, just so you we dont have any further confusion over exactly WHAT you said to me, allow me to be specific."...liar...""...garden slug...*"...has no integrity.""...a preposterous fake.""...useless...""...worse than nothing...""...an impediment...""...insignificant and pernicious weed...""I wouldn't want to defecate in the same bathroom as this creature."Heil Clouder!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I better stay up all night on guard duty to make sure Clouder doesnt show up and tell me I'm going to get a shower while he's pumping my house full of Zyklon-B[This message has been edited by Bullzeye (edited 01-03-2002).]
  • Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ULTRAMAG- Glad to have you back. Now can you stop your crying and whining and get on with it!
    Happiness is a warm gun
  • Options
    OtomanOtoman Member Posts: 554
    edited November -1
    Man I hate to break up a great discussion but I would like to take just a minute to share some information with Bullzeye. There is an Klashnikov web site that you would find interesting if you are wanting to buy an AK It is http://klashnikov.guns.ru/ but I can't bring it up that way just use Excite as your search engine and then Put in AK-47 it is #5. You will enjoy the site. Now if you want to talk to one of the most knowlegeable AK guys Call Dan @ AK-47 world 303-341-0847 he will enlighten you so much your head will be spinning just Like ole J.D.'s he says for the money the Chinese Norinco is the right AK if you want to pay a little more then go to the Bulgarian because it has a Milled steel receiver. According to him the U.S. Navy Seals use the Chinese AK's can anyone confirm this? Best Regards and if you do call Dan put aside some time because if you catch him in the right mood he will talk your leg off but it is all very informative....I sujest you have a note pad handy if and when you do call him and be sure and ask him about Clinton and the Chinese fully Automatic Arms Deal....Auto P.S. I have an acquaintance that Has met Klashnikov when he was in Russia. Dan Says that the Romanian & Egyptian MAADI are not as good a quality as the Chinese, Romanian, and the Russian AK.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you very much, Otoman.What is the name of the Chinese imported AK-47 variant?
  • Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry to jump in the middle of your battle here Bullzeye, but I have to ask why all the NAZI references with respect to Clouder? I did not see him post anything that would suggest he is a NAZI. I can see that you and Ultramag are living up to true leftist form. Get your butt kicked by your adversary, and you demonize your opponent by making ridiculous and absurd accusations of Nazism, rascism, sexism, etc..
    Happiness is a warm gun
  • Options
    OtomanOtoman Member Posts: 554
    edited November -1
    MAK-90 91 etc. call Dan and he can explain everthing in detail to you. I want to pay about $100 more and get the Bulgarian because it has a real cool Black Stock where the Chinese Norinco has a stock made out of a real soft wood, Dan can tell you the name of it, I just can't remember right now. The Norinco has a light colored Thumbhole type Stock the Romanian Rifle has a darker Colored Stock.The Norinco has Norinco stamped in the Receiver on the Left hand side right above the trigger. Oh by the way did your Dad lift the restriction on the computer usage? I will tell you a real quick one one me. When I was sixteen years old some buddies and I bought several bottle of Southern Comfort. I got completeley out of it and got arrested and taken to jail. Dad had to come and carry me out of the jail on his shoulder. Mom was with him and mentioned to a detective "He won't believe this in the morning" The dective took a polorid picture of me and that haunted me for some time. So we all have some big boo-boos we have made if we are willing to admit it. Auto
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Never buy an AK with a synthetic stock!Last one I had melted on me after a trip to the hills.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Otoman:Thank you very much for your advice and your understanding.salzo:I think the quotations speak for themselves. Do they remind you of anyone? The similarities in rhetoric are quite striking.