In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

What Gun ARE YOU JONESING FOR ???

cletus85cletus85 Member Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
You know there's a gun that you're considering for you next purchase...What is it? For me it's a Kimber Stainless Target .45...got close a time or two, but never pulled the trigger on this purchase[:D][:D][:D] Now that I'm satisfied with my rifle line up, I think it's time for the often thought about and desired 1911.

Comments

• H.S. 10-XH.S. 10-X Member Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A left handed Browning .300win mag. or a left handed Weatherby .300weatherby mag.

10x.jpgFort_Smith.gif
    "If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know"- Kansas
  • earthmvrearthmvr Member Posts: 473 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've always wanted a Ruger Mini 14. Definately my next purchase.

4dff19a9.gifc716f163.gif72d96bc6.jpg
    Proud member of the NRA and Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation

I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was
  • MaCTMaCT Member Posts: 276 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Waiting for my Remington .300 win mag to come in. As this is the first gun I have ever bought I am seriously "jonesing" [:D]

~ Give Blood - Play Hockey ~
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm really close to having my 7mm-300WM, which by the way H S 10, is a lefty remington 700 action, I'm so close to that gun, that I'm already thinking about what the next gun should be. Either a hi-dollar 1911, or a Browning Citori. How come I have way more expensive taste than extra money? And the real scary news is tax return time is right around the corner so I'm definetly close to spending a big chunk of money on something I don't really need.

R/

Dave

edited because I left out a couple important letters!

How different the world would be if we could consult the veteran instead of the politician. - Henry Miller
    edited November -1
    If Remington made a left handed Sendero, I'd be jonesing for one of those in .300win mag.

10x.jpgFort_Smith.gif
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm going to be ending up with several guns on my wish list very soon here.
    Within a few weeks I should have 5 new guns, considering that I've got 13 now that's a welcome addition.
    For sure I'll have a Glock 29 and a NEW Glock 20 (selling my 1st gen to get a 3rd gen). I'm also for sure going to get a Kel-tec .380. These below are probably gonna happen, but not positive: a E.A.A. Witness compact in 10mm and a S&W 1076 and a Savage 93 FVSS .17 hmr.

As far as guns I'm really "jonesin" for, the one highest on my list would be a Benelli M3 with ghost-ring sights and a factory folder followed VERY closely by another Bren Ten. I'd like to have the Jeff Cooper commemorative (but that ain't gonna happen). Another one would be the 1076 if I can get the FBI version, another would be a Rem. stainless/sythetic 700 in .264 mag. Or, I might build a custom in the same setup with a 6mm/264 mag with a heavy barrel.

The 10mm - either you've got it, or you don't get it...

Speaking of a few of these guns, there's a new seller that has 2 bren tens for sale. Both are way about retail, and they are both advertised as unfired and mint, but have no pictures. [:(!]
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
    edited November -1
    I have searched all over and have yet to find a left handed Rem 700 in 300win mag.

10x.jpgFort_Smith.gif
    edited November -1
    Mine is a custom gun, shoots a wildcat caliber (7mm-300WM), and I've been financing it for the last year (it seems). I'm really looking forward to it. If you're ready to drop some real money, and stand in a long line, I can put give you the contact information for this guy in Oregon. He's amazing. Pretty much a old school gunsmith, and everything he does is a custom work of art.

R/

Dave

How different the world would be if we could consult the veteran instead of the politician. - Henry Miller
    edited November -1
    What is it? A .300win mag necked down to 7mm?

10x.jpgFort_Smith.gif
  • HumboldtHumboldt Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought an H&K 40 S&W when they first came out without really checking one out. It has the high capacity clips and with it locked and loaded with a couple extra clips, 40 shots makes for a good bit of suppresion. It's light and makes a good pack gun, but I've done everything to smooth it out and I absolutely hate the trigger. I've always ben an accuracy nut and I like a clean trigger like my Gold Cup. So to answer the question I guess I'd like to try a Kimber in the 40. I can't stand anything in a double action. I've got a nice 44, but I've always wanted a 7" 45 long Colt too. Just so I could fan it.

Boldt
    edited November -1
    H.S. 10 Yes it is. And it's a smoking fast round, 3500 f.p.s.+ with a really great B.C. (L.R.B. 160 grain match ammo b.c. of .715!) It should be a 1000meter shooting machine.

R/

Dave

edited November -1
    That sound awesome! I don't think I have the money for a custom rifle like that. Will you have to form your own brass, or have you found a supplier that will make it for you?

10x.jpgFort_Smith.gif
    edited November -1
    He's giving me everything i need to reload it, and throwing in 100 rounds of ammo, after that, you just turn down .300WM brass.

R/

Dave

• woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    At this exact moment not jonesing for a gun at all.

I'd do almost anything for a thick slice of good german bologna fried then stuck between 2 pieces of rye bread with swiss cheese and then toasted, though.

Woods

Hamlin.gif
  • 0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm maybe a mp5sd[?]

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    SEMPER FI
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    Not gun shopping at the moment I want a new hoyt bow but i do want a 870 in ever gauge

We're men. Its our God given right to watch sports and smut" - Al Bundy
  • phxtravisphxtravis Member Posts: 738 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Probably a Witness 10mm, or a Sig 220, 226.

Desert Eagle .50AE
    Spring 1911-A1 Mil-Spec
    Cav Arms CAV-15 MKII(AR-15)
    Marlin/Glenfield Mod 60
    Mosin-Nagant M38
    banner-big.jpg
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    JONES!!!

HK P7M13

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
  • BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    Colt 1911.[:p][:p][:p]

BW

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Still recovering from the mathews bow purchase last weekend, But next gun will probably be a kel-tec p11 for the girlfriend, and a 1911 for me [:D]

http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/gizmotimetempbig_both/US/MI/Lapeer.gif
  • leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    UMMMMM......... ALL OF THEM...ANYTHNG THAT HAS A BARREL & TRIGGER!!!!
  • NickCWinterNickCWinter Member Posts: 2,927
    edited November -1
    One of the new little CZ 40's. Got my name on one at the gunstore, whenever they come in.
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    S&W 1076 FBI version 10mm.

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
  • TazmuttTazmutt Member Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Been wanting a Sprinfield M1A for way too long, now add to that a Colt 1911 in .38 Super ... by the way, HS ... I know where there is a matched set of (older, 25-30 yrs or so) Savage 110s in custom stocks, left hand, 300WM and 338WM ... POSSIBLY going up for sale. Hope this doesnt violate the rules.

"A Fear of Weapons is a sign of Retarded Sexual
    and Emotional Maturity" Sigmund Freud
    "MOLON LABE !"
  • trstonetrstone Member Posts: 833 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Once I get my Marlin 1895 Cowboy paid off, that's it for me for quite some time. My car needs maintenance, and I need new glasses REAL bad.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not "jones'n" for anything right now.
    There are some accessories that I am looking for though.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • MikeBMikeB Member Posts: 827 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
    edited November -1
    Jonesing, Aint in the Dictionary, What the H*** does it mean??????
  • ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    SAR-1 with some black furniture, and about 500 or 1000 rounds of 762x39, and after that either an SKS or a 12 gauge pump.. but the next purchase is definitely an AK.

GWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gif
    banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This worry's me,I am not drooling over anything right now?This is not good,I would like to have a S&W Model 410 .40 auto.I would like a Sig P-226 in .40 or the P-220 .45.Ive got several of each caliber already so I cant say I need them,but I would like to have them and later on buy a P-228 9MM.I already have a P-229 .357 sig and a Sig SP2340 in .357sig,so that would give me all their chambering's except the .380 which I have no desire for.I also have a Glock 31 .357 sig.Im kind of hung up on the .357 sig now.The P-229 .357 sig is also our Duty Side Arm.

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"
  • gun_runnergun_runner Member Posts: 8,999
    edited November -1
    Witness 10mm, 223 varmiter, smith 357 with pinned 4in barrel. The list goes on........

Larry
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,613 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Been jonesing for a Benelli Lefty Montefeltro for awhile.

http://www.benelliusa.com/firearms/lefthand.tpl

Regards,
    190191.gif
  • cletus85cletus85 Member Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=jonesing&f=1
    Chuck,
    Try this for a definition of Jonesing, beware adult language in some definitions.
  • PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
    Soon as I pay off my pistol (XD40), and finish restoring the 91/30 I am gonna start saving for my own Garand. After shooting my dad's M1 all these years, I have decided I must have one of my own.

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
    - General George Patton Jr
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jones-ing, drooling? Maybe an SBR semi-auto shotgun -- SOG has a nice 1187 14" for $795 right now. Don't have the income for that at the mo'. In fact, with my dog getting her ear canals "resected," I should sell something.

One of these days I'd like to have a .45 ACP Beretta Storm, I think.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    Don't have any that I'm Jonesing for but I realized a few months ago that I am Garand-less (again). I'd probably settle for an M1a though.

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
  • DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think I'm after a .410 double {SxS}...Or a BPS in 10 Ga...This week![;)]

"I AM MY OWN WORST ENEMY"
  • kenneth and melissakenneth and melissa Member Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've been looking at the thompson 45 1927a1 [:D]

Thomas Jefferson, of Virginia:
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Only 5 months to go- Yes it's killing me

40xb_tactical.jpg

Action Bolt / Short Action
    Trigger 2 oz jewell
    Caliber 308 Win.
    BBL Length 27 1/4 inches 1-10 twist
    Overall Length 47 1/8 inches
    Avg. Weight 10 1/4 lbs.
    Stock Material Synthetic, H-S Precision Pro Series
    Stock Finish Matte
    BBL Material Stainless Steel
    BBL Finish Matte Black/Teflon Coated

gun.gif
    "Those who live by the sword get shot
    by those who don't." [:D]
    [img][/img]Santa_Cruz.gif
  • kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    Looking to get a Saiga-12 and a MAC-10 (or clone) next. Got the 11 and 12, need the 10 to complete the set. After that I'm hoping to get some ClassIII stuff this year as well. Maybe a 14" shotgun or something suppressed[8D]

orst-title-1.gif

SUPPORT THE I.N.S. , THE COUNTRY THEY SAVE COULD BE YOUR OWN