In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

going to a hockey game tonight*update* it rocked

0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
gonna go see seattle vs portland.since idsman posted about that hockey movie i thought i would take mygirlfreind to 1 actually it was her idea.gonna be fun[:)]

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
sealriverth.jpgdk_marinereconth.jpg
SEMPER FI

Comments

• gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    When there is no Football Hockey is a good 2nd. Enjoy the game. [8D]
    Dont you just love it when you go to a concert and a Hockey game breaks out? [8D]

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
  • 0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    was the best hockey game ive been to in awhile!!!!there probally was about 15 fights ive never seen that many in in a game ever,the goalee for seattle got knocked out cold,there was about 3 knockouts due to body checks,one player for portland got his face stepped on by an ice skate.there was a 3ft pool of blood on the ice.people threw fish onto the ice rink i thought that was pretty funny.it was a very very long hockey game it took about 4 hours.due to the fights and injuries.ive never been to a hockey game so violent ever.my girlfriend it was her 1st time ever to one i had to explain to her not all hockey games are like this.but seattle lost to portland in sudden death overtime they chocked they were up 3 to 1 in the 3rd period then portland came up and took it from them.the ending score was 4-3 portland.my girlfriend wants to go again she as well as i had a good time.[:D][B)]

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    sealriverth.jpgdk_marinereconth.jpg
    SEMPER FI
  • plains scoutplains scout Member Posts: 4,563
    edited November -1
    You gotta love a sport that puts mean little guys with sticks in their hands, gloves on there fists, and knives on their feet.

Sounds pretty violent. My wife, my kids and I all went to the University of North Dakota -- perhaps the richest soil in the world and the suckiest weather in the world also BUT great hockey!!!

Several people on the 1980 miracle team came from UND and U of Minnesota.

Hope your girl friend does not think they are all like that!! She would be disappointed in the future.[:D]

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I
    advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives
    boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind. Games played with the
    ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no
    character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of
    your walks." Thomas Jefferson
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My grandparents were avid followers of our local Komets for years. I never got the bug. There was always something odd to me about a game that is as long as a football game but tends to wind up with a score of only 3-1. Same thing goes for soccer. [:D]

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
    edited November -1
    I said it when I played, and I'll say it again now.

Take football, subtract face protection, add sticks and walls, and double the moving speed of the players, and you get the most violent team sport in America. [:D]

"If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate for an outright ban, picking up all of them, "Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in," I would have." -Sen. Dianne Feinstein

feinstein2.bmp
  • robomanroboman Member Posts: 6,436
    edited November -1
    I love watching hockey. All I want to do is find a pick-up game and just play but have been unable to do so.

Bullzeye, I'm curious about your playing ability. I'm not trying to criticize or pick on you, but how good were you when you played goalie? The kid that starts for the Utica team seems to be pretty good but I was just curious about your ability.

signew.JPG

"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..."
    edited November -1
    I was alright. I've got good reflexes and a large frame, so I didn't really need to put a lot of effort into training when I first started. When I was in youth hockey it was just a fun hobby.

But after awhile you need to pay the piper if you want to meet the standard. Spend more money and critical attention on your equipment and your form, practice more and practice better, etc. I had to spend a lot of time at day camps and training seminars and whatnot to make the jump from youth to high school level. I ended up getting hurt the week before my tryout with an EJHL team I'd been wanting to play for since I started.

I dunno. Enjoy it while it lasts I guess.

"If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate for an outright ban, picking up all of them, "Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in," I would have." -Sen. Dianne Feinstein

feinstein2.bmp
  • robomanroboman Member Posts: 6,436
    edited November -1
    Maybe someday we'll meet on the ice and I'll be able to take a few shots on ya [:D][}:)].

signew.JPG

"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..."
    edited November -1
    Maybe so, robo. Maybe so.[^]

feinstein2.bmp