In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

KEL-TEC P-32 for my wife, what ammo?

DENWADENWA Member Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
edited May 2002 in General Discussion
I have never owned a Keltec or a 32 auto, but with 71 gr fmj MAGTEC ammo we got surprisingly decent groups at 15 yds. My wife loves this little pistol, what defense ammo is available? Are any? All I have seen is FMJ for 23.00 a box. My main concern is if the 32 auto is capable of decent anything?

BTW-- I tried my best to get my wife to own a ti 38spl but shes so small even the smallest looked bulky on her.

Comments

• Options
    budmottbudmott Member Posts: 155 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I usually use SiverTips in my Keltec.
    Also have used Federal hollow points.
    You can get FMJ cheaper than $23 per box.
    Try http://www.ammodepot.com

Lets see Keltec .32 at 15yrds with decent groups.
    I don't think I want her shooting at me.
    later,
    bud

If it weren't for lawyers, I wouldn't need a lawyer.
  • Options
    Gordian BladeGordian Blade Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For what it's worth, Win Silvertip JHP (60 gr) have the best stopping power for .32 ACP on the chart I got from the net, 63%. That means 63% of shots to center of mass with that round stopped (not necessarily killed) the person hit, based on actual incidents. Magsafe Defender (50 gr), at 57%, would be a reasonable second choice. Also on the chart are Win FMJ (71 gr) at 50% and Glaser Safety Slug (50 gr) at 46%.
  • Options
    lrarmsxlrarmsx Member Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glaser, Magsafe, Hornady XTP, Speer Gold Dot, Winchester Silvertip are all decent loads in .32acp. As for $23.00 for FMJ, you need to shop elsewhere, that is almost double of what you should have to pay. If you can't find any around your area, I can ship it to you for a lot less than that. LRARMSX@MCHSI.COM
  • Options
    RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From the research I've done for my gun(Ruger P-85)I found the Winchester Silvrtips 115gr. to be the most accurate.

In doing the research I found the Silvertips to be extremly accurate in many guns. Devastation is also very good and above average.

Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • Options
    interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
  • Options
    mdcacmdcac Member Posts: 208 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    well it has long been said that a 32 might do nothing more than piss someone off. however .32 is better than .00. My dad carrys his in a hip pocket holster and takes it everywhere. for its size its very accurate. there is a pre fragmented bullet out there that really adds some pop to this gun, but i am not sure what its called. its way better than the hollow points out there. for the money and quality its a nice package.

mdcac
  • Options
    DarkStar11DarkStar11 Member Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I keep Winchester Silvertips in mine.

DarkStar11
    "...But Mona Lisa musta had the highway bluesYou can tell by the way she smiles..."