In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

A gun lost and a gun gained

jujujuju Member Posts: 6,321
edited March 2004 in General Discussion
Well, as you know I have ben drooling over a Longbranch enfield rifle at the PAwnshop I work at on the weekends.

Yesterday I sold it to a customer, a guy I know who has a great colection of WWII rifles and needed an enfield. So it went to a good home.

Being depressed as I was I went to the gunshow today and to ease my suffering I spent more than I should have (my wife is gonna kill me).

I bought a like new Remington 700 VS varmit with walnut/checkerd stock in .223, its in the box and has absolutely no scratches on the stock and a very small nick in the blueing on the barrel(Heavy Barrel).

It appears to have been fired no more than 10 or 20 times.

Also pick up an NEC 6/24/50 AO scope to top it off, not high dollar for sure but good clear optics and I hear good timgs about them. For the price I cant go wrong, if the scope turns out to be junk I will move it on down the road and get something better.

Gotta find a harris bipod for the rifle and a good sling and I will be a broke but happy camper.

Watch the auctions, I may be selling a gun or two to make up my deficit and avoid sleeping on the couch[B)][:D]

JuJu(who if it shoots half as good as it looks is going to be one ecstatic individual)

Comments

• Options
    elect1mikeelect1mike Member Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry you didn't get the enfield but alls well that ends well[:D]

col elect1mike Illinois
    volinters RRG
    I am a man but I can change if I have to,I guess.
    Tolono.gif
  • Options
    rdcinmnrdcinmn Member Posts: 655 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nothing eases the pain like buying a gun.[:D]

Ellsworth.gif

www.awbansunset.com

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up and shake off the existing government and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable, a most sacred right - a right which we hope and believe is to liberate the world." -- Abraham Lincoln, 1848
  • Options
    TwoDogsTwoDogs Member Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Too bad about the Enfield.
    Another will come along....they always seem to.

"Always drink upstream from the herd"
    Will Rogers
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
    edited November -1
    Sleeping on the Couch aint to bad, we have all been their, and I bet we all ware glasses. Remimber you have a fine rifle that dont get head ace's.[:D][:D]