In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Deer Shed Pic from my Hunting Spot

cletus85cletus85 Member Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2004 in General Discussion
deerant.JPG

These antler were found about 10 days ago where I hunt by the landowner's son, who was snowmobiling when he found them. My hunting buddy took the pics so disregard the date (he don't know to change the setting) and I wasn't sure the farmer wanted his face on here so...you get the picture. The G-2's are over 13"[:0]

Comments

• Options
    groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    cletus, Pretty good genetics there! Wish he'd turned them over the right way so it would have looked right! "He'd have been a good buck next year!!!" hahahahaha[:D][:D][:D] Good luck finding him this fall! GHD
  • Options
    edited November -1
    deerant2.JPG

Here's another pic, I guess I should have hit muzzleloader season a little harder in this spot[:I] Odd that the brow tines are so small compared to the rest.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    cletus, Makes you wonder if there's anything to the data that says they "regress" with age. Maybe he is an extremely old deer! I can think of one in VA that was "butt ugly"but weighed 204 field dressed!(biggest d... deer I ever tried to hoist up!!!!!! aside from Mulies) that had a totally funky set of horns!! Brow tines were almost non-existent and other tines were for lack of a better term, "abstact"!! His face was almost all white(or gray) and teeth were "different"!! Must have been an old codger!!! Not many make it that long around here! "HORNS!!!! SHOOT!!!!!" If you want deer meat, shoot a friggin doe!!! GHD
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I did my part on the does here in Missouri last season, I have enough little racks and a couple decent ones. They saw what they presume was the same deer about a week before firearms season and that's what got us interested in the spot. All we saw were tracks...I guess alot of nocturnal movement. We even put a trail cam out and ironically took it down only a couple of weeks before these were found. We got two deer pics in over 45 days!!! A doe and a nasty little rack.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    cletus, Been there, done that with the trail cams!! I had one 2 years ago that used up 3 rolls of film and to this day I don't know what was tripping it!! Only deer on 3 rolls was the deer that Sarah(Miss GHD) shot in 2002! So I do have him "alive and dead" on film!! We had watched him all summer and it was known as "Sarah's deer"! The one that had been "Sarah's deer" for 2003 got shot from the road during ML season by a guy using a 300WSM!!!! No he didn't get caught but I know he did it!!!! And he'll hang it on his wall and gloat about it to all his friends!!! Horns have created a monster!! Too many d... deer!!!! Overgrown varmints!!! They eat crops, cause wrecks, and are generally a nuisance!! BUT THEY GENERATE INCOME FOR THE STATE!!! So they are good!! I hunt them and enjoy it but there are just too d... many out there now!! GHD
  • Options
    edited November -1
    cletus, Been there, done that with the trail cams!! I had one 2 years ago that used up 3 rolls of film and to this day I don't know what was tripping it!! Only deer on 3 rolls was the deer that Sarah(Miss GHD) shot in 2002! So I do have him "alive and dead" on film!! We had watched him all summer and it was known as "Sarah's deer"! The one that had been "Sarah's deer" for 2003 got shot from the road during ML season by a guy using a 300WSM!!!! No he didn't get caught but I know he did it!!!! And he'll hang it on his wall and gloat about it to all his friends!!! Horns have created a monster!! Too many d... deer!!!! Overgrown varmints!!! They eat crops, cause wrecks, and are generally a nuisance!! BUT THEY GENERATE INCOME FOR THE STATE!!! So they are good!! I hunt them and enjoy it but there are just too d... many out there now!! GHD
  • Options
    matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    Hey, cletus nice rack!! I'm a Mo hunter, where exactly did you say this spot was?[;)][:D][;)][:p][:p][:p]

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Edmund Burke
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
    edited November -1
    Is that the pumper truck on the RED and GREEN Show????????[:D][:D]