In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Found out the Job offers were DOA

powdersmokepowdersmoke Member Posts: 3,241
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Yep the KC job offer was a farce. They chose someone from their existing office staff to fill the position. Say they may have more work comming in 3-4 weeks but so what! I don't trust them anymore now.

The job in Wimauma is gone the same way. When I called to check on what the status was the guy brushed me off.

Well now I rob the 401k so I can live for another 3-4 months (not much in the 401k) and have a little breathing room for lookin for a job.

fa4d9fb5.jpg

When you wrestle a 'gator, there ain't no good end!!

"Molon Labe!" Spartan General-King Leonidas

Comments

• stanmanstanman Member Posts: 3,052
    edited November -1
    Sorry to hear that, Powder.
    On the bright side,,, thank God you have the 401K to fall back on!
    Best of luck!

The Bush administration sends tens of thousands of American military to protect the sovereignty of nations around the world, while trading our own sovereignty to Mexico so his "oil buddies" can help privatize the Mexican oil industry!
  • plains scoutplains scout Member Posts: 4,563
    edited November -1
    Powder

I can not remember what kind of job you are looking for. Marine found a job. Where are you at again?

Plains

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I
    advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives
    boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind. Games played with the
    ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no
    character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of
    your walks." Thomas Jefferson
  • powdersmokepowdersmoke Member Posts: 3,241
    edited November -1
    I'm a Mechanical/Piping Designer, I live in Florida but will work where I need to. Gotta make a living somehow.

I think I'm in that age group (54) where I have lotsa' experience and know how but I scare employers because they think they need to pay me too much and I might early retire on them. I won't and I would take somewhat less in pay. I will probably have to start my own 'consulting' firm like some of my old cronies have or work as a contract employee for the rest of my tenure in this business.

As a contract employee this kinda wait between jobs becomes normal. The pay is generally higher and you can plan, somewhat, for these layouts.

fa4d9fb5.jpg

When you wrestle a 'gator, there ain't no good end!!

"Molon Labe!" Spartan General-King Leonidas
  • susiesusie Member Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Powdersmoke, have you checked with Parsons or SAIC? Both carry military construction projects and are always looking for folks in the CAD field as well as general experience in mechanical design.

***KATN!***
  • kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    Man, that sucks! I've been looking for a new job myself lately. Been going nuts here but haven't resigned yet as another job might not be a sure thing as it has in years past[xx(] Hope things turn around for you, seems surprising that they don't have more openings in a specialty field like that.

orst-title-1.gif

SUPPORT THE I.N.S. , THE COUNTRY THEY SAVE COULD BE YOUR OWN
  • chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
    edited November -1
    Powder, I have been reading your post's and am very sorry about your lack of employment, The same thing happened to me when I was 57, I was an industrial Electrician, Union. When I called the hall I was told that no one would hire me, because I was over 50 and they were right. I was lucky I had some investments that carried me over, Now I am on SS with other incomes. I am Very, Very Lucky, so many people have lost everything in the later years, The American Companys that we worked for and made money for, have turned on us. I wish I could have something positive for you, but I have been out of the work force for 10 years and no longer know whats going on. GOOD LUCK TO YOU.