In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

?Ladies and gentlemen, citizens of the United.....

MaxOHMSMaxOHMS Member Posts: 14,715
edited September 2013 in General Discussion
"Ladies and gentlemen, citizens of the United States of America and her territories, the joint United States military commands will not follow illegal orders to circumvent the protections provided under the Constitution of the United States. I would like to assure you that Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine, and Coast Guardsmen throughout the country stand fast and defend our oaths. We will not sweep aside the Constitution and the Bill of Rights as the Executive Branch proposes. To the contrary, we will defend them with our very lives and will tolerate neither fascism nor authoritarian dictatorships. A free and representative republic on this continent will be re-established and will use the Constitution and the providence of God as her guide."

Wonderful words.

Too bad they came from a work of fiction ("Remnant", third book in the "Deep Winter" series).

Actually............

1984 was also fiction...............

How many of you out there are willing to make whatever sacrifice might be necessary to make that fiction a reality?

STAND UP!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MaxOHMS
    That's what I thought when I read it many years ago. Now I kind of think it was prophecy.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Sounds like some quote from General James Mattoon Scott in the novel/film Seven Days In May.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JamesRK
    quote:Originally posted by MaxOHMS
    That's what I thought when I read it many years ago. Now I kind of think it was prophecy.

Orwell was a visionary.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    I Haint Bashful
    I WILL
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
    edited November -1
    I gave 4 years of my life in the navy back in the 50s
    I WILL NOT GIVE ONE MORE DAY OF MY LIFE FOR THE CROOKED POLITICIANS THAT RUN THIS COUNTRY.