In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Cheap Divorce....

Patriots sonPatriots son Member Posts: 915 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2006 in General Discussion
Any suggestions? No Kids, No debt together, Owned my house before her,Wont be contested. Live in TN. any ideas or things I should watch out for?

Comments

• Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just do it quick! Before minds change. Paraleagle to do the paper work for the court. Document every agreement and have both partys sign it when you do the paper work.

The faster the better.
  • Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,941 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here you can go to the clerks office and just fill out the papers. A fill in the blank type thing. File them and wait a set amount of days. Go before a judge and its done. Don
  • Options
    edited November -1
    We are very civil, just dont never know with a scorned woman. I will be filing in two weeks. I have given her anything material that she wanted(except the dogs). I just dont know if she has any tricks up her sleeve. Is it better if I file? Thanks!!
  • Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,941 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Patriots son
    Is it better if I file? Thanks!!

Damn straight! Don
  • Options
    dolfandolfan Member Posts: 4,159
    edited November -1
    In my situation, Its cheaper to keeper![:D]
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...LAWYER. LAWYER. "Tricks" will wear your * out! Leave it to somebody that makes a living doing it, best "peace of mind" money you will ever spend.

...I did not know there was a "cheap" divorce.
    I had, er,several...none were "cheap"...[:0]

ani-texas-flag.gif
  • Options
    Old hickoryOld hickory Member Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It depends on the woman. If you can agree on everything, go to a lawyer who'll represent you both. If you can't agree, then you gotta hire your own lawyer, and you'll pay lots more. I've been through it several times, but i've always been married to decent women. I have alot of property and they got their fair share, no more, no less.
    Good luck!!
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dolfan
    In my situation, Its cheaper to keeper![:D]

[;)][:D][:D]
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcon12
    Here you can go to the clerks office and just fill out the papers. A fill in the blank type thing. File them and wait a set amount of days. Go before a judge and its done. Don

Were not that lucky here, Divorce takes longer than buying, nevermind. [:D][;)][:o)]
    Kidding-
  • Options
    zr700zr700 Member Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    O.K. Honey! We're here!

You can come out now! [:D]

married.jpg
  • Options
    zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    If you can keep it civil do so, by all means.
    If the lawyers get it you usually lose.[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the input, I think it is time for a give away!
  • Options
    snarlgardsnarlgard Member Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Patriots son
    Thanks for the input, I think it is time for a give away!

If you don't want her anymore, what makes you think we would?[}:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Cant blame me for tying![:D]!LOL
  • Options
    NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    I live in Washington and was married for almost 4 yrs. When I did it just went down and got a "divorce packet" has all the paperwork you need to file. We didnt have any kids either, but didnt own a home. We each had our cars and things that we had before we were married. We did have some joint bills and other things around the house. I just wanted her gone so I told her she could have anything she wanted that we had gotten while together, with the exception of my guns [:D]. In the divorce papers there are spots for big things like cars and titled property so if you agree you just put down who gets what. Then there is kind of an "other stuff" box. In that section we just put that each person would keep what they had before we were married and half of all item aquired while married. Once all the paper work is done you filed it with the court and wait, I belive it was 90 days then it goes to the judge. In our state unless you wanted to contest something you didnt even have to go to court. The judge sigins the papers and you get a letter saying it is done. Cost for paper work was about $40 and filing fees at the time were $110.
  • Options
    tacking1tacking1 Member Posts: 3,844
    edited November -1
    I was just at the courthouse this morning and so a sign that said the it cost $135.00 to file for divorce.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    You should give me all of your guns so she does not get half of them...[:p][;)][:D]
  • Options
    Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Bloviator
    ...I did not know there was a "cheap" divorce.
    I had, er,several...none were "cheap"...[:0]

Depends on how cheap the woman is.

I've had two (marerially, anyway) cheap divorces.
    I recommend a lawyer, though.
  • Options
    abcguns2abcguns2 Member Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    O.K. , There is a shark (attorney) that advertises in the 'american classified' ads (the free paper in convienance stores) that will do this for $100 (here in Tn)....Thats what Im going to do this time around ...
    Good luck !!
    d.a.stearns
    Gunsmith / LEO
    Niota , Tn
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks Guys. I haven't been this happy in a long time!!!!!!!
  • Options
    scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    bigboobs.jpg
    Tell her to take her cheap boob job and broke back beamer and hit the trail
  • Options
    sig232sig232 Member Posts: 8,018
    edited November -1
    In my experience "cheap and divorce" should never be in the same sentence!! Its an oxy-whatever!
  • Options
    Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    If you are both in agreement that it is over, and you are certain that she won't contest (as in, she is at fault), go with the quickie and file yourself.
    A couple hundred v. a couple thousand?
    Call your county and speak to the prothonitary's office, they will send the papers. If you find it confusing, they will walk you through it at no charge.
  • Options
    JWolfJWolf Member Posts: 1,901
    edited November -1
    Divorces are expensive because they are worth it.