In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Interesting Solution

HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
edited November 2003 in General Discussion
They walked in tandem, each of the ninety-three students filing into the already crowded auditorium. With rich maroon gowns flowing and the traditional caps, they looked almost as grown up as they felt. Dads swallowed hard behind broad smiles, and moms freely brushed away tears.

This class would not pray during the commencements
not by choice but because of a recent court ruling prohibiting it. The principal and several students were careful to stay within the guidelines allowed by the ruling.

They gave inspirational and challenging speeches, but no one mentioned divine guidance and no one asked for blessings on the graduates or their families. The speeches were nice, but they were routine.......until the final speech received a standing ovation.

A solitary student walked proudly to the microphone. He stood still and silent for just a moment, and then he delivered his speech. An astounding -- SNEEZE!

The rest of the students rose immediately to their feet, and in unison they said, "GOD BLESS YOU." The audience exploded into applause. The graduating class found a unique way to invoke God's blessing on their future with or without the court's approval.

Isn't this a wonderful story? Pass it on to all your friends......... [;)]

"'To initiate a war of aggression...is the supreme international crime.'
Nuremburg Tribunal, 1946"
It's not what you know that gets you in trouble, it's what you know that just ain't so!

Comments

• Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    God bless you.

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good un HAIRY [:D] [:D]

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    victorlvlbvictorlvlb Member Posts: 5,004
    edited November -1
    Hairy was that really you?Way to go.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    For a fair and balanced point of view. [;)]

It's not what you know that gets you in trouble, it's what you know that just ain't so!
  • Options
    interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    Hairy, did you go and misplace your lithium tabs again?[;)]

JC

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.
  • Options
    chollagardenschollagardens Member Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the post. Read "The Langauge Police" by Diane Ravitch. The educational system has many many forbidden topics.
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Hairy, ol' friend, this is the side of you that is so misunderstood. You may not believe, but you support others right to do so. Isn't that what this country is really about?[;)]

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    OOPS Sorry...This was supposed to go under Hairy's Quote![:I][:D]

quote:Originally posted by dheffley
    Hairy, ol' friend, this is the side of you that is so misunderstood. You may not believe, but you support others right to do so. Isn't that what this country is really about?[;)]

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif

I can't believe you just posted that[:)] I thought you were a "flaming liberal"[;)] There must be a whole 'nother side to you...unless you posted it sarcastically[}:)] I do have an honest question for you though: How can you be a gun lover and a liberal at the same time???[?]

Eric

All American Arms Company

Veteran Owned and Operated
  • Options
    edited November -1
    heff: Susssh, you'll let people in on the secret. [:D]

• Options
    edited November -1
    ECC: quote:How can you be a gun lover and a liberal at the same time??? I've never claimed to be a liberal but then I've never claimed to be a conservative either. I think of myself more of a centrist. As far as enjoying guns, I didn't know the political spectrum applied; for all I know, even Republicans may enjoy guns.[;)]

"'To initiate a war of aggression...is the supreme international crime.' Nuremburg Tribunal, 1946"