In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Jesus the Anti-Gunner?

Josey1Josey1 Member Posts: 9,598 ✭✭
edited December 2001 in General Discussion
Jesus the Anti-Gunner?December 12, 2001KeepAndBearArms.com -- A local publication in Flagstaff, Arizona called "The Flagstaff Tea Party" ran an article this month entitled "Jesus was a radical." The author's name is Lisa Rayner.The essence of the article isn't so much at issue. The cartoon they ran alongside the article, however, leaves a lot to be desired: Their website: http://www.flagteaparty.org/ Their email address:FTP@FlagTeaParty.org

Comments

• Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I find this thread to be of a religious nature, and therefore should be removed. What does religion and Jesus have to do with guns?
    Happiness is a warm gun
  • Options
    thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is clearly obvious that whoever is publishing this garbage knows absolutely nothing about Jesus. Jesus encouraged the carrying of weapons, "Let he that hath no sword, sell his cloak and buy one". Jesus knew that anyone who followed in his footsteps would be walking a dangerous path. Jesus own disciples carried the weapon of the time, swords. In fact, when Judas lead the Soldiers and High Priests to Jesus in order to capture him, Peter(?I think) drew his sword and struck off the ear of the High Priest's slave. Jesus could have rebuked him, but he did not. There is something to be said about crap... it stinks and is best ignored.[This message has been edited by thesupermonkey (edited 12-13-2001).]
  • Options
    simonbssimonbs Member Posts: 994
    edited November -1
    "There is something to be said about crap...it stinks and is best ignored."Monkey the Zen Master.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ps. Someone made the remark it would be hard to visualize Jesus with a 357 in the drawer. There is never any mention of Jesus carrying a sword, but then again he never needed one. His purpose was to come to earth and die for our sins, however his disciples were to live and spread the word. The sword was the weapon of the time. Personally, I don't think it's a large leap between a sword and a firearm.[This message has been edited by thesupermonkey (edited 12-13-2001).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    See the last line of Monkey's post. That's what I think.
  • Options
    HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't your Jesus go on a rampage at the Temple? Good thing he wasn't armed!!!
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,017 ******
    edited November -1
    Jesus also used an example to illustrate how the Holy Spirit in us can help keep us free from evil influence. He used the example of a heavily armed homeowner defending his home.He said that robbers would have a tough time getting into a home where there is a strong man, armed and resolute in protecting what is his.To use that example may not be overt endorsement of armed self-defense, but it certainly is an acknowledgement that it is part of the real world.Guns and Jesus are NOT mutually exclusive.
    Certified SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of the General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com, the premier gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net Jesus is Lord!
  • Options
    PupPup Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's a cartoon drawn by a liberal idiot who's using a religious image in the attempt to start an argument among those who should know better in the first place.
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    People.....people.....people.....You're doin' it again.Mudge the agno.....you know
    I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • Options
    Judge DreadJudge Dread Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    HAIRY commented:Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't your Jesus go on a rampage at the Temple? Good thing he wasn't armed!!! What you think a FLAGELUM whip is for ?I bet is not for the flys. He whipped some capitalist (merchants) * off that temple that day....
    Ignis Natura Renovatur Integram
  • Options
    REBJrREBJr Member Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Time to poof!PPPOOOOOOFFF!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Judge: Where in 'ell did he get a "FLAGELUM" whip from? As far as I know, only the Romans had them, not the Jews. Was Jesus a Roman spy?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    He "loaned" it from a temple centurion... Jesus rode a donkey...Do whips work on donkeys ?? if you whip one he just"seats"and don't let you ride it. Then where he got the whip from ? Who guarded the temple ? centurions did...and they sure enjoyed a JEW whooping others Jews.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The centurions were stationed next door to the temple, Judge. The temple had its own guards, and I doubt seriously if the Jews would permit the centurions entering the "common" area of the temple anyway.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok! you won! but i have to see the video evidence you took at the scene !
  • Options
    Evil ATFEvil ATF Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Please also note that the correct Hebrew translation of "Thou Shall Not Kill" is actually "Thou Shall Not Murder".Our Lord, it would seem, naturally deems it appropriate to defend ones self or family with lethal force, should the need arise. My scripture is a little shaky, but I believe Jesus DID verbally reprimand Peter for cutting off the fellas ear. Something about Peter attacking the wrong person.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Judge: I have it, but unfortunately when I went thru the baggage check in Jerusalem, the x-rays erased it all!!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey, its your story, tell it how you want to. But, when I brought my home movie of the dinosaurs I traveled through time to video for National Geographic, those X-rays didn't erase my tapes. Of course, then my dog at them. Really, its the truth.
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have seen pages and pages of "documentation" with regards to the idea that Jesus would have been a pro-gunner and a pro-self defense kind of guy. That's the great part about the Bible. You can make it say what you want to so long as you take away the context. (note sarcasm)
  • Options
    Evil ATFEvil ATF Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's not true, ids. Read the scripture about Peter slicing off the fellas ear. It's pretty dang cut and dry. I'll dig through my Bible and get the exact spot it's stated for you unless Monkey or someone beats me to it. That's the nice thing about the Bible (contrary to popular opinion): It's VERY cut and dry when it comes to self-defense matters.
  • Options
    Mom MomMom Mom Member Posts: 169 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The arguement as to whether Jesus was a peacenik or not is an old one. There was a song in the 70's about being him eating organic and being into peace and love and shoeless blah blah blah. You'd think the liberals could at least come up with something original for a change.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ahh! gosh ! I wanted to compare them ! too bad you lost yours ... i kept mine in the time machine so it did not need to be cleared,but in a rapid review ,He took the whip from a centurion before entering the temple grownd and started beating the "stuffing" out of the fellows inside the temple grownds. Next time you Use the "Troyan Horse" take aCDRW camera ,the disc can make it across x rays and neutron scan.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I was going to use the time machine, but something was wrong with it; I've got a request out for assembly/disassembly instructions. Brownells had the parts!