In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

CBS News: I sent them this letter

TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
edited March 2003 in General Discussion
Friends, I couldn't hold back any longer. I sent the below letter to CBS news this afternoon.

And, I also sent it to FOX news!

Dear CBS,

I heard a Dan Rather sound byte this morning on a local radio station. Mr. Rather stated that the White House having asked CBS for a chance to counter the Saddam interview with Mr. Rather was not one of their finest hours.

I would like to respectfully ask you just whom the HELL does Dan Rather think he is? In my opinion Mr. Rather's interview with this criminally insane dictator was boarder line treasonous. His groveling at the feet of this monster was disgusting, and reflected the depths that Mr. Rather would stoop to in order to get the scoop. And now he has the nerve to condemn our government for wanting equal time.

Please inform Mr. Rather that he would be better off walking an anti war protest line with a bunch of celebrities then doing the evening news. No body cares what they have to say ether.

Mr. Rather's conduct disgusted me so much that I will herby never watch CBS again as long as Mr. Rather is a part of your news team. This is very hard for me, as one of my favorite T/V programs is (Everybody Loves Ramond). However, I am willing to forgo that small pleasure to make a stand for principle. I will further advise all my friends and relatives to do the same, and I will attempt to not use any product that is sponsoring a Dan Rather news event.

Sincerely,

Name deleated
Calcium NY
Trinity +++

"Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it."<BR>(Proverbs 22:6)

Comments

• Options
    maggiethecatmaggiethecat Member Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sir, not to be mean or rude, but all letters are given more credence and weight if the grammer and punctuation are correct.

SGT USMC

The greatest happiness is to see your enemy scattered before you, to see his village in ashes, and to gather to your bed his wives and daughters.-Genghis Khan 1226
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Spelling and grammer in a business letter is best, but I'll bet they got the idea. Rather rates right up there with Mr. Hillary and Mrs. Bill. That wasn't a typo either!

Measure twice, cut once.
    calipers_open_close_md_wht.gif
    Empty the clip!
    smoking_gun_md_wht.gif
  • Options
    TrinityTrinity Member Posts: 90 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    This was my original draft of the letter, and I went back and proof read it. Funny thing, every time I try to cut and paste the corrected copy it keeps posting the original one. Just my luck too, because I didn't catch it before I forwarded it.

Trinity +++

He came to die on a cross of wood, yet built the hill on which it stood.
  • Options
    Chevyman TxChevyman Tx Member Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Trinity , off this subject, but have you received any of my emails? Let me know.

Dustin K. Griffin
  • Options
    mousemouse Member Posts: 3,624
    edited November -1
    Thank you for writing the letter Trinity. I had folks in
    my family that couldn't spell or read well, but I respected
    them for their wisdom. Too many people are sitting on their
    hands. Their mouths seem to be plugged. I believe they are
    either blind or asleep.
  • Options
    TrinityTrinity Member Posts: 90 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Chevey,

Have not gotten any e-mail from you lately.

Mouse,

My problem is I type too fast, and I use all ten of my thumbs.[8D]

Trinity +++

He came to die on a cross of wood, yet built the hill on which it stood.
  • Options
    gunluv280gunluv280 Member Posts: 178 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Forgive me......I just couldn't resist.....maggiethecat is correct....so I feel compelled to point out that the correct spelling is grammar.[;)]

I also agree that Dan Rather is a slime.
  • Options
    michael minarikmichael minarik Member Posts: 478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    all of thoze koncerned about sphelling and korrecting punkuation need two know that eye to have problems with that stuff....N-sted of rite-ing Dam Rather rite the advertizers and tell them you're not buying there producks bekause Dam Rather is a traitor and they r two by buying tyme on that program.
  • Options
    HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    So the Administration wants to put its spin on the interview? From what I understand, CBS said, "Okay, but it has to be Bush" and since it would be an unstructered interview, the Administration rightly knew not to let GWB to be interviewed alone.

It's not what you know that gets you in trouble, it's what you know that just ain't so!
    Resident Pyrrhonist