In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

she wasnt "charlie"

jdb123jdb123 Member Posts: 471 ✭✭✭
edited February 2002 in General Discussion
the other day my friend went to a vietnamese grocery here in TX at the counter was a muslim man who was trying to wire $2000 to the "middle east" the vietnamese lady behind the counter told the guy "no way why you want to send money out of US,you need to spend the money here where you earned it and get out of my store!" now a transaction of that magnitude would have surely been profitable for that woman but she still did her part i guess.

Comments

• Miss. CreantMiss. Creant Member Posts: 300 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    True Americans come in all colors and shapes, and smells
  • will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
    edited November -1
    Some of the most patriotic Americans were other than the white folks you would think they would be. Look at the CMH recipients, mostly they are foreigners(sp) that moved here for a better life or were oppressed Americans like Navajo code talkers. We can all learn a lesson from those that made a better life for themselves here and appreciate freedom where some may take it for granted.
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, take it to a mechanic. will270win@aol.com ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Right on, will! Courage, like blood, comes only in one flavor and it don't matter a damn what the skin color, native language or religion is of those that display it.
  • niklasalniklasal Member Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Miss.Creant...and smells?Oh Lord, I won't even go there!
    NIKLASAL@hotmail.com
  • reb8600reb8600 Member Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would be cautious of somebody like that sending money to the middle east with everything that is going on.
    Guncontrol-The ability to hit what your aiming at.
  • HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    Perhaps the money was for the person's family who now had to find new lodging because the Israelis destroyed their home "by mistake."