In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Guess I should have bought a 40S&W!

mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,291 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Wally World in my area is loaded with 100 round white box Winchester 40 S&W nothing else but plenty of that.
Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!

Comments

• ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    .40 S&W is not as popular as it should be, but only because too many shooters have fallen for size queen advertising and believe if it's not huge, it's not good.

And since .40 S&W is neither .45 nor a "magnum", most folks unquestioningly call it ".40 Small & Weak" and don't buy it.
  • 7RiverMan77RiverMan7 Member Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So whats holding you back?? Go buy a 40.
  • MgderfMgderf Member Posts: 907 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    STILL can't find .40S&W in my neck of the woods!
  • JamesQuinnJamesQuinn Member Posts: 123 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mgderf
    STILL can't find .40S&W in my neck of the woods!

If .40S&W is a standard Wal*Mart item, then any store which sells ammo will special order it for you. Price will be their regular price, no shipping charge. I've ordered as much as 100 boxes at a time, no questions asked. As far as I know, there's no limit as to how much you can order. Ask someone who is in charge of Sporting Goods, they'll fill you in.

Wal*Mart stores which sell guns also have a large catalog of guns you can special order. Some nice stuff, not just the cheap guns they stock. I ordered my last Tournament Grade 1100 from them, took one week and was better price than I could find anywhere local.
  • SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    the last 1911 I built is 40SW. love it!
    I had a glock 22 (40 cal)that I couldn't hit a barn with, but the 1911 is very accurate and fun to shoot.
    here's a pic of my creation;

dscf0221m.jpg
  • brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,079 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't find it here and when I do it's like $48/100. The stash I have ,the most I paid was $18.50/100 and that was last summer. How much is it there?
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,291 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by brier-49
    I can't find it here and when I do it's like $48/100. The stash I have ,the most I paid was $18.50/100 and that was last summer. How much is it there?
    Its right at 30 a box of 100, I think 29
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ElMuertoMonkey
    .40 S&W is not as popular as it should be, but only because too many shooters have fallen for size queen advertising and believe if it's not huge, it's not good.

And since .40 S&W is neither .45 nor a "magnum", most folks unquestioningly call it ".40 Small & Weak" and don't buy it.

I must admit, I liked it better when it was the 10mm! Same bullet, but bigger casing and more punch. Too bad the FBI girls couldn't hold the gun and they wanted the .40 S&W instead.

The .40 isn't bad, but the 10 is better![;)]
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,665 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Both Wally-World in myneck of he woods don't carry ammo or guns. Is this through out California of just here? If they ever convert the empty Home Depot in to a "Super" Wally-World I wonder if they'll carry guns and ammo or at the very least ammo.
  • Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1

No, some of us just prefer the 10mm over the .40. Anything the 40 can do the 10mm can do better. No smoke and mirrors, just reality
  • lovethemcoltslovethemcolts Member Posts: 536 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Blah- Horsepower kills.
  • 375H&H375H&H Member Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Was looking at that other auction site , you know , the bad one [:o)]
    They had 1000 rounds of 9mm that was priced $100 higher than 1000 rounds of 40 S&W [:0] same seller .
    Never thought I'd see 9mm bring more $$$ than the 40 S&W .
    Same guy was asking $45 a 1000 for 22LR , That is just plain sorry [:(]
    and I'm not talkin target ammo , just the plinkin stuff .
  • footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    32 ACP is more expensive than ALL auto pistol calibers at WallyWorld @$19 for 50. [:X]
  • Jeepgod2002Jeepgod2002 Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • owen219owen219 Member Posts: 3,799
    edited November -1
    Beretta .40SW, 100 yard range, 6X6 target, 95% hits. Too easy.
  • IdahoRedneckIdahoRedneck Member Posts: 2,699
    edited November -1
    picked up about 65 round of brass today at the range yet I dont own one either[:o)] maybe I should aswell. Hmmmmm