In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

beretta 92f

jlsinkjlsink Member Posts: 121 ✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
found a nice beratta 92f at pawn looks brand new 450.00 are these good guns and is it a fair price

Comments

• cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds ok. If it's at a pawn shop, they may come down. Probably didn't give more than 250 for it.
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the 92FS and its really impressed me, its accurate and Ive never had a hiccup from it.
  • lovethemcoltslovethemcolts Member Posts: 536 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I purchased one here on Gunbroker Last April. Was Made in 1989 and is a clone to the military M9. Just don't shoot +p ammn thru it and you will be fine. Unless you want the slide to break and slam you in the face. My understanding this issue was fixed with the FS.

I paid 350.00 for it. 98% Grade with Box/papers.
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,509 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great pistol. Good price.
    Buy it.
  • footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    I saw one go on another auction site go for $322 today.
    Check GB's Closed auctions and see what they are selling for
  • SG_NinerSG_Niner Member Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the 92fs on my night stand its my go to gun for trouble,I dont trust any other gun in my safe! shoots clean every time and has never stove piped!
  • riflemikeriflemike Member Posts: 10,599
    edited November -1
    Hey Buy it and I will give you 250.00 for it next week.[:D][:D]
  • Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    Pros:Accurate, reliable, and parts/magazines are readily available.

Cons:BIG, chunky, oh, and did I mention EXTREMELY LARGE for the caliber?

It is a good pistol that is underpowered for it's size imho, but it won't fail you if you ever have to depend on it. BTW, I can buy used police trade ins for 300.00 all day long in Missouri.
  • scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    looks like thos guns sell pretty chesp used. they are like program cars. hertz dumps all those used rentals on the used car market and the value has to come down because of supply and demand...same thing with the guns, LE agencies upgrade their sidearms, dump the used duty weapons on the market and the value drops.(if they use a Beretta most have gone to the 96 .40) I have seen them as low as 250-300 online
    But if you do buy it, i have a cool box for it

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=128501066
  • 11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I carry a 92 on my hip (when my driver isn't borrowing it), and I think it's the most worthless piece of junk ever used by the military.
  • footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ[:0]
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dano
    quote:Originally posted by Zulu7
    I carry a 92 on my hip (when my driver isn't borrowing it), and I think it's the most worthless piece of junk ever used by the military.

For military use, then yes, I tend to agree. But....for civilian use, no problemo. [^]

Agree, If you live in a locale that isnt sandy it works fine.. If you get sand or grit or even pocket lent in it, it will malf. It has tight tolerances and an open top slide, thats just begging for trouble especially if you keep it well lubed.. I like mine alot tho, I carry it all the time without issues.
  • mark christianmark christian Member Posts: 24,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like the Beretta 92 series and have a few sitting around:
    [img][/img]BerettaModel92group.jpg

$450 seems high for a used example, even in excellent condition.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dano
    Isn't Beretta Inc., something like 600 yrs. old? [:0]

According to Beretta the company was founded in 1526 and is the worlds oldest family owned industrial firm.
  • Aspen79seAspen79se Member Posts: 4,707
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mark christian
    I like the Beretta 92 series and have a few sitting around.

What about the 87 target models?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Aspen79se
    quote:Originally posted by mark christian
    I like the Beretta 92 series and have a few sitting around.

What about the 87 target models?

I have one, but I find it too light for my tastes.
    [img][/img]000ber87.jpg

I really prefer the "Old School" M76 pistols and own two examples
    [img][/img]Beretta76TTW.jpg

You can see what they look like side by side:
    [img][/img]BerettaM76andM87.jpg
  • Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Zulu7
    The you obviously never had the joy of carrying a worn out military 1911
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,811 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I carried a 92 and 96...kick myself all the time because I always seemed to be broke when it was time for "buy back" when we were changing pistols...I found Beretta's to be dependable, and good shooters...big yes...clunky yes, but they shot good, for the most part they are garbage mouths, didn't experience many feeding issues. That first pull of 12 lbs, pretty much sucked but once you go past it it was fun to shoot!
  • scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    I carried a 92 and 96...kick myself all the time because I always seemed to be broke when it was time for "buy back" when we were changing pistols...I found Beretta's to be dependable, and good shooters...big yes...clunky yes, but they shot good, for the most part they are garbage mouths, didn't experience many feeding issues. That first pull of 12 lbs, pretty much sucked but once you go past it it was fun to shoot!

my 96 is sa/da, but then I don't carry so I haven't had to think about whether to have a round chambered. any worries about that?
    I have found with my 1911's I only have the safety on by accident. I am not even used to using it.
  • Aspen79seAspen79se Member Posts: 4,707
    edited November -1
    Nice pistols, Mark. What's the availability like for both? I can imagine the older ones are pricy, but are the newer ones under 500?